Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Gorgeous film with good acting and some tension, but ultimately it was a little disappointing.

My main criticism is that it relies way too much on "weird sound getting louder LOUDER LOUDER!!!!!!! now suddenly it's quiet". After like the fifth time it was almost comical.

Black Philip was the best actor in the movie.

Still a soft recommend, but not as a horror movie per se. And period accurate or not, I really dislike horror films that devolve into "family members screaming and wailing at each other" a lot, which this definitely does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Well I mean, I loved Bone Tomahawk though. I just thought the material here was spread a bit too thin, just when something interesting began to be explored the movie would back off. It felt like a 90 minute long trailer, if that makes sense.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah, I can dig it. I definitely don't regret watching The VVitch and visually it's on par with (and similar to) Dead Man so it definitely has that going for it. At times it felt like I was watching a literal nightmare, nightmare dream logic and all.

• Locked thread