Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

rotinaj posted:

How is it that every single e-fed turned into a poisonous environment that ate itself? Is it because it's a fanfiction game and nobody wanted to acknowledge it? Is it because it's a geeky hobby niche-ing into another geeky hobby, meaning only assholes would do it? is it because everyone involved desperately wants acknowledgement and there's not enough to go around?

As a former e-fedder, I think it's down to the age-old problem of people taking things entirely too seriously.

I always took the mindset of "It's fake wrestling on the internet. It doesn't really matter" and tried to have fun.

When it stopped being fun, I stopped e-fedding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

Howling Man posted:

I wish e-feds had a impact testing because a lot of fedders because very broken from losing.

Jay 2K Winger posted:

It's fake wrestling on the internet. It doesn't really matter.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

There was a point where there was an Official TNA eFed. It was born on a prior incarnation of TNA's official fan forums.

It allowed both "canon" wrestlers (i.e. wrestlers who really existed) as long as they weren't employed by WWE, and non-canon wrestlers, which made things a little weird as you'd have guys like Chris Daniels and Abyss and Raven alongside made-up guys.

It eventually left the TNA fan forums just before the forums were nuked and re-started by TNA, limped along for a few years (and underwent a namechange) before finally dying.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

So you guys roleplayed New Japan?

Nah. Sounds more like they roleplayed HUSTLE.

• Locked thread