Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

Toadsmash posted:

My record as someone who historically is abominably awful at FPS games is currently sitting at 171. Still trying to get a handle on dealing with the first eviscerator without everything going to poo poo.

I find that it helps to ignore him completely until after you've dealt with the spider, then set yourself up near his head and blast every gem off him in one go. If you get aggressive with him too early he'll go straight underground and stay there until the next wave of spawners.

e: Or maybe he'll stay above ground just as long as you steer clear of his head? I don't know. Don't listen to me. My top score is only 190.

treat fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

treat posted:

I find that it helps to ignore him completely until after you've dealt with the spider, then set yourself up near his head and blast every gem off him in one go. If you get aggressive with him too early he'll go straight underground and stay there until the next wave of spawners.

e: Or maybe he'll stay above ground just as long as you steer clear of his head? I don't know. Don't listen to me. My top score is only 190.
Something like that. Going underneath them makes them burrow but it is easier to deal with the spider first so he doesn't steal any gems. If your aim's good you can take it out in like 2 seconds and then you'll have enough time to deal with the centipede. All those gems should bring you close to the last upgrade

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I like to clear everything before the worm comes out so I can prefire at it, get rid of most of its gems and even swallow 'em up before the spider even shows up. It's more reliable than trying to kill the entire worm in one go once the spider is dead (maybe it's just me, but sometimes that worm survives with a gem or two even if I'm really close to it while shooting).

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
I made it all the way to 360 and then backed into a spawner

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

CrazyLittle posted:

I made it all the way to 360 and then backed into a spawner

boop! it gave you a little skull hug

edit: 344.6 secs

RiotGearEpsilon fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 24, 2016

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Wow, managed to scrape by and grab the gold dagger. It was really weird having 20+ seconds of nothing around 2:20, I thought the game broke at first. :v:

It's crazy how much easier it is to manage the herd of skulls when you're bunnyhopping circles around the arena.

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Are people still playing this? Seemed pretty hot for while then everyone forgot about it. It's still really fun to pop into every now and again.

Just got a new personal best of 366.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Games like this are a little like anti-aircraft flares. They burn bright like the sun, but they burn for a very short time and when they're done burning they snuff quickly and utterly.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
I still go back to it every once in awhile. If the leaderboards are any judge, game is still selling steadily, but there's not much movement in the upper ranks. That 660 #1 run is pure insanity to watch.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
I got my Golden Dagger, and I'm never going to beat my five minute record. I'm okay with that.

Cryptic Wizard
Aug 21, 2008
This game was updated yesterday, new leaderboard and everything. Also there are two new enemy types, and some of the timings and placements on spawns seem different?

I noticed they changed the "names" of a couple enemies. The laughing hornskulls make the results read "gored" when they kill you, and the two-sided spawners appear to have gone from sacrificers to desecrators. At least I think, I haven't double-checked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I'm still really bad at this

• Locked thread