Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

Lutha Mahtin posted:

There was a doctor's office I went to once that had a question on their intake paperwork, about how I wanted them to identify themselves on the phone if they ever needed to call me. My guess is that this was a holdover from the landline era, when somebody might want privacy from their family or roommates. One of the options was just a blank space for whatever you wanted, so naturally I wrote "Batman". Duh.

There are probably still places that do this. Not just for HIPAA reasons, either, but because there are plenty of situations where you don't want to leave a message like "this is Renee from the domestic violence hotline."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacing in vienna
Jan 4, 2007

people they want us to fall down
but we won't ever touch the ground
we're perfectly balanced, we float around
til no one is here, do you hear the sound?

Lipstick Apathy

photomikey posted:

Back when security questions were just becoming a thing, you could write your own question at my bank. I picked two (pet's name and elementary school or whatever), and was working on the third and couldn't think of a good one. Finally I wrote:
Q: Do I sound sexy over the phone?
A: Yes.

I forgot about this hilarity about 14 seconds after I clicked submit, and it stayed forgotten for some years until I had occasion to call my bank and they needed to verify my identity. The guy just about busted a gut laughing.

I wrote my own security question for an old email account. It was, in its entirety: "werewolves?"

I promptly forgot about it, until the day several years later when I needed to verify something on the account. At which point I no longer remembered what supposedly amusing garbage I had put as an answer.

To this day I have no loving clue what the answer was supposed to be. I had to reset the question. I would pay money to find out what it was, because what the gently caress did stupid, younger me think was an obvious answer to "werewolves?"

... I tried "werewolves." as my first guess. No dice.