Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

This was from a regular gmail address. I'm not sure if it's spam, or just an idiot.

Subject: essay

Why Before What

The term WHY before WHAT is important for everyday leadership.  What does it mean? Explaining to an employee WHY we need them to do something, before telling them what we WANT them to do will create a smoother transition and a better working relationship with fellow employees. When in a leadership role there are a lot of things that will need to be done throughout the day. It is not always easy to get everything done in the time frame you have, but do your best. Some of these jobs are passed onto your employees. Therefore it is important as  team member,  but also as a leader that  if a last minute call comes in, and a job needs to be changed on the floor, using the WHY before the WHAT method can ensure that everyone is on the same page.

Say your boss just told you that machine 405 needs to go from a regular HD part to a SIPHD. This is not a 10 minute job and they are difficult parts to run. So before you run to your set up and say you need to change this back over to this part.  Come up with a plan and a way of explaining the WHY before the WHAT. Robb I know that you have been working hard on keeping everything running today and you’re doing great but I just got word that we have to make some changes. We got a call this morning that we are very low on the SIPHDS. We have a new costumer and they need many different lengths of this part. We did not plan on this happening so soon but we are very excited to have another happy customer to work with. We have been trying to find a way to hold off on the changeover but it is not possible at this time.         We need the machine to be changed over as soon as we possibly can. Before bringing this up to you I have made some phone calls for some more answers and help. We do have another set up coming into help us with this to help make it go as smoothly as possible. I understand that this is going to take some time and it is not easy for us to do this. We have also asked the customer for all the lengths and amounts they will need for up to 6 months so next time we have a better plan and are ready for it. Before we get or make any set decisions is there anything that you think would help with process? Asking the employee if they have anything they would like to add or ask for anything is always a good way to end things. They may have better things to remember than you and also they are part of the team and need to always feel like they are.

In conclusion, it will create a better working atmosphere if we implement the

WHY before WHAT method of communication with team members. An employee that feels like part of a team, and not just a mule will give more of him or herself, and do a better job. 

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Dunno but I marked it as spam.

What are the Google protocols for accounts that get flagged?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

*a joke about humanities degrees in America*

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Bless that man. Make a coin of his handsome round face.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Step 1. Cut a hole in a GOX

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Last 4 digits of SSN is one of PayPal's password retrieval steps. They could screw some people seriously if they accessed their PayPal accounts.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

This is going around LinkdIn.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Thanks for the good link. That's exactly it.
My old roommate is married to an MLM guy... they met at a Crossfit gym, and clicked because they're both faithful Catholic Filipinos. The hype never ends.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

My ex is a short cute blonde who also knows her poo poo when it comes to cars. It was always both painful and hilarious how many mechanics would be relatively straight with me but would try to rip her off if she went into the shop alone. Extra hilarious because of the way she'd own them before leaving. She got car knowhow and zero tolerance for bullshit from her dad.

https://youtu.be/zCQ-etiFyho

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I bought mochi from a little old man skipping around the neighborhood with a shopping basket, it was very good and not bad.

Basically that "NO SALES except tamale lady" sign is my life.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I wish I had a tamale lady :(

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Yeah we do get a sweet potato truck sometimes but it's never at a time when I want a sweet potato and the song is so loud they don't notice you half the time if you try to get their attention.
I've seen a sweet potato guy at a busy walk-through point saying Last few, almost sold out, first come first serve! to catch impulsive buyers, then bust out a whole new box when that crowd is gone.
I saw this happen because I was a sucker and bought one and immediately sat down to eat it across from the stand.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

woohoo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I tried to delete my eBay account today and it wouldn't let me because I had "open listings." My last purchase was over 10 years ago and I was never a seller :/

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

They're probably obligated to send a monthly reminder if you have any money in the online account.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

The grocery store I was at yesterday has an amazing 80s muzak mix including "Let's Get Physical" :peanut: A lot of franchises here don't have a corporate mix so the staff just choose their own satellite station or cds, it is amazing to have uncensored NIN or Method Man during lunch.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

My mom's card info was stolen... the bank called her about a suspicious ATM withdrawal. How the heck are they making fake cards that work in ATMs? What does the IC chip do anyway?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Don't they get refunds??

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

maybe they have a big family who wants to see the game but is getting off work late????

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

It's been impossible to get Carp tickets since they won the championship in 2016. loving internet scalpers :bang:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Does anyone scalp forged re-entry stamps that would be p cool

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Lmao @ measuring proofreading content in kilobytes.

Sucker: Wow lookit the size of this attachment!
Computer: Download ransomware.sys? Y/Y

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I put a fresh NO SALES OR RELIGION sticker on my doorbell today :peanut:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Sometimes yeah lol

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

goatsestretchgoals posted:

also you can silently tap the sign as you shake your head mournfully and close the door

Did that at least once rofl

My problem is mostly missionaries. I grew up LDS :sadpeanut: and live in Asia so my neighbors are like Nahhhhh but hey go ask the American person :nutshot:

peanut fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 24, 2018

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Rynoto posted:

As is, most of the missionaries themselves are just doing their time before getting free college they otherwise couldn't afford because they're from a poor family. Though I'm sure it's different the closer you get to Utah.

I never heard about free college. Missionaries probably get re-applicant fees waived at LDS institutions.
They pay for their own missions... right? Is there a subsidy for unrich families?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Gmail's spam filter is really good. I took a look through there just now and it's catching over 30 messages a day :sadpeanut:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I'm glad you caught it before your life got ruined! My bank's algorithms caught a scammer right away, too.

Does anyone know how useful those 3-digit security codes on the back of the card are?

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Bank of America has a lil text box in online accounts now to type in your future travel dates. Their online support has been very good in general.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I live outside of the US so my card has some reverse algorithm like $3000 plane tickets are fine but $12 at a gas station in Fresno is suspicious. (Always a gas station...)

Working in the fraud department would be kinda cool and satisfying.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

10/90 split of agent's fees, all you gotta do is sell a few 5 million dollar houses!

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

The probability of reaching mainlander with dodgy visa status in Canada is pretty high (lol??)

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Initio posted:

It’s practically a made for Hollywood movie too. Some aging hacker dying of some terrible disease wants to pull of one last hack while doing some good in the world. He knows that he’s trading his own freedom for millions of others no longer being harassed by telemarketers and quasi-legal scams, but to our hero the good outweighs the cost. While working to arrest him, the government actually manages to stop spoofing all together, ending a massive IRS fraud campaign. And the last scene is now the hacker is handcuffed to a hospital bed, finally receiving the medical care for his illness. Fin.

Truth is stranger than fiction. Someday soon...

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Lol cream cheese

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Meanwhile Japan has beer vending machines and public day drinking is socially acceptable, if it's obvious you're not working/driving. Come to paradise ^___^

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

What's the alcohol age in Japan? I know a ton of countries aren't as restrictive as the US/Canada.

20 but lol

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

I'm gonna blow your minds: Japan gave cell phones their own area code 20 years ago (it was 080 or 090 depending on your provider.) House phones have 10 digits, mobiles have 11. Sales calls seem to be limited to landlines.

New area codes have been introduced for digital phone lines running through fiberoptic internet and toll-free business numbers. :iia:

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

What if you like could just download the Do Not Call List and use that for business????!! So convenience!

There was a typhoon last week and I got some shady txts like "Click here for typhoon evacuation info http://huhuf445.fnfjnff/dndfg.php"

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Pooping in a bag isn't that bad. It's easily concealed, increasingly supported in public restrooms and you actually have an advantage at music festivals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

greazeball posted:

What kind of job can still be competently done by a 100-year-old? Academia? I've got lots of teaching colleagues who are noticeably losing a step in their 70s.

I also know a 99 year old college president who just signs stuff and writes poems all day.