Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Churchill
Nov 27, 2007
Winston

hellotoothpaste posted:

This is one of the most exhilarating design mistakes I have ever experienced. CVS seems to have gotten it figured out/changed to be an affirmative tone but nobody else has.

I always figured it wasn't about signalling that the transaction was completed but rather to remind the customer that their card is in the reader and not to forget it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Churchill
Nov 27, 2007
Winston
About a month ago I got a (genuine) text from google saying it had blocked a sign in to my google account using my password in the US, whilst i live in Europe. Changed the password but then today the same thing happened again, what's going on? What stupid poo poo might I be doing that compromises my password?

Churchill
Nov 27, 2007
Winston

Trastion posted:

Not using a complicated enough password? Using the password on more than one site/thing? There is so much that you can be doing wrong really. Also it may be a "false positive" that they are seeing a login from the US but it is just you going to a site or app that uses your google login that is US based and therefor triggering it.

Yeah, I changed all that when I got the first text after years of neglecting my online security but thanks. That was my thought as well, but I was asleep both times it happened.

Churchill
Nov 27, 2007
Winston

Mzuri posted:

Not for long you don’t. At least if the username check out. Apropos scams...

Hah, I'm actually Swedish (albeit with an English mother) but 16 year old me thought he was a cool dude and that it would be a cool user name. Adult me... not so much, but I'm to lazy/care too little to have it changed.