Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

Earwicker posted:

What exactly is the logic here? "No one will realize I'm stealing some meat if they see that I'm also stealing a couple 12 packs of coke and a bunch of dog food"?

I can understand someone taking a cart full of poo poo and trying to just make it out the door with it, but I don't see the point in trying to hide what's in the cart with more unpaid-for stuff
I think they're paying for the stuff that gets rung up. They wouldn't go so far as to straight up steal, but are more than fine from benefiting from a cashier's mistake, and start making setups that make the error more likely so they can say "Oh hmm, looks like the cashier forgot to ring this up. Welp, their mistake, lucky me!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lhet
Apr 2, 2008

bloop

DrBouvenstein posted:

For some reason, drugs and Tide theft/scams go hand in hand in a lot of areas. Like, straight-up trading stolen Tide for drugs sometimes. Though if your dealer is a whiny baby who insists on bring paid in cash, you can attempt to return the Tide, but that's risky since they might have you on camera stealing it in the first place, so you got to do the ol' Tide switcheroo.

Buy Tide and the cheapest, most generic detergent there is, like Xtra or Purex. Dump the Tide into an empty container, dump the Purex into the Tide container, then return the "Tide" for profit. Only like $8 or $10 profit, but do it a few times at a few different stores and even after subtracting gas money or bus fair you can make enough for a few days worth of your drug of choice easily.

This seems like a lot of work for not much profit; like less than minimum wage probably.