Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Back in the late 90s- early 2000s they had those "buy CDs by mail, only 1cent each!" magazines. The catch was that shipping was like $20 per cd. I was a kid so I ordered like 6 CDs which ended up being $120. Once the CDs and bill came, and realizing what I had done, me and my mom told the company that some kids had stolen our mail and ordered them, so we didn't have to pay. Scam the scammers.

The p-p-p-powerbook was and still is the best scam-the-scammers thing

Summary, with pictures of the "powerbook"!: http://joi.ito.com/images2/thepowerbook.pdf

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1016390

Thin Privilege fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Feb 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
The ones where you get a massive discount on some attraction (e.g. Disney World), you just have to sit through a Timeshare presentation... and then you have sit down with a high-pressure salesperson, which isn't mentioned until it happens. We spent 2 hours having this rear end in a top hat try to convince us to buy a timeshare but we refused and eventually he gave up and we got two 2 day tickets to all parks in Disney World for $30. (This was in '98).

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Eien Ni Hen posted:

-People hiding meat at the grocery store, then retrieving said meat when it's past its sell-by date, and trying to get another of the same item for free because "your store had expired meat for sale."

I always heard grocery store employees complaining about hidden meat and they and I thought someone was just too lazy to put it back, but now it makes sense.