Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lostleaf
Jul 12, 2009
I fell for this scam about 2 month ago. You're welcome to laugh at me. I was googling and found a Ryobi air pump for about less than half price. My thought process was "Hey they accept Paypal, I can just dispute whenever I like. Even if it's a scam, I won't lose any money". I order using paypal as payment method.

A few days later I notice however that the amount charged was now double. I immediately go to paypal to dispute for the original price. Paypal takes about a week and rules in my favor and changed the amount charged to the original agreed amount. Two weeks later however nothing is being shipped and emails just disappear into a black hole. I try to dispute with Paypal and I can't reopen the dispute because I already disputed the first time!

It took 3 different representative after calling but they were finally able to credit me back all of the amount. It took some doing but after showing them that I have been a customer since 1999 and this is the first time I have ever filed a dispute. So don't be a dummy like me and fall for this scam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU