Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

BiggerBoat posted:

Off the subject, but I love caper/con men/double cross movies (House of Games, Matchstick Men, Oceans Eleven, Hard Eight, The Sting, etc.). Can anyone recommend some good con man/scam movies?

The Game is an excellent movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It isn't Gillette's fault it's the fault of capitalism and marketing, really. You can't really make something that's a significantly better product than the competitors because, well...it's just blades that you use to cut hair off of your face. Sorry but the ship of innovation has sailed on that one. So instead they rely on marketing and bullshit. "We have FOUR blades while they only have THREE!!!!" "THIS IS A MANLY RAZOR FOR MEN IT WILL MAKE YOUR DICK BIGGER I SWEAR!!!"

When really you can get the job done just as easily with a $10 straight razor you bought 40 years ago as you can with the $900 MAN BLADE FOR MEN!!!! that has 78 blades and lasts a week.

Modern safety razors are relatively expensive (still they aren't a huge expense if you re-use the cartridges many times), but they are much better than the old fashioned safety razors. The newer safety razor products are much easier and faster to use, and give a closer shave with less irritation.

There is a reason why the old-fashioned safety razor communities on the internet have a tonne of how-to's and introductory videos and guides--you have to do all of these things and buy all of these accessories to get around the shortcomings of the old fashioned razor. The old fashioned safety razor people on the internet kind of remind me of Linux users in many ways.