Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Let me tell you about fitness made simple.

It’s made for real liiiiiiives

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Some people understand scams as well as you demonstrate empathy for others. Or at least basic knowledge on how predatory MLMs can be.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90AiXO1pAiA

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Midjack posted:

That was a thing with really old electromechanical switches, the call didn't terminate until the originator hung up. I'd be amazed if anything installed in the last 50 years was vulnerable but if the author lives in an old part of town in London that prides itself on old stuff or something similar I could see it happening.

Once in a blue moon that happened to me as a kid/young teen, and I thought it was just my piece of poo poo phone. And that was Long Island, which I could see having pockets of old rear end infrastructure around in the 2000s.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

Sexuality academics are going to have a field day with future data from these latchkey youtube kids whose sexual preferences defy what we believe to be kinky. A generation of foot slime fetishists.

Imagine explaining our modern day sex brain worms to Freud.

“Ze patient iz fixated on ze maternal breasht, known as “mother’s milkers”

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

Has anyone brought up towing companies yet?

The poo poo they get up to is downright criminal, theft and is nothing short of extortion. In the town I grew up in, there was a company near the university that cut deals with business owners to give them kickbacks on the towing fees/fines and the company where you had to go get your car was like a fortified compound. The people that worked there acted like mobsters and would charge you basically whatever they wanted since there seemed to be no set amount on the fines.

There was no way for you to prove it or challenge it in cases where there was not a clearly marked sign either and the motherfuckers would tow you anyway even if you were present with your vehicle and before they even hooked it up. OFten, they'll just flat out refuse to release your vehicle unless you pay whatever made up amount they say you owe them, tack on exorbitant "storage fees" and, usually, the cops won't help you either. If you send your kid, a family member or your spouse to go get your car, they won't give it to them

Here's a little write up I found

https://medium.com/the-random-nerdi...es-29a7094be69a

I haunt r/legaladvice as sometimes there’s something neat to share in the r/r thread and holy gently caress, if a politician wants to make a career taking on something, towing companies are up there. There are some horror stories

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

I’ve no poo poo had the phrase “Fran Turismo 7” sort of just appear in my mind twice a day, minimum, since this was posted.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

StormDrain posted:

Is it coupled with the image of an open top Miata driven by The Nanny?

Now it is

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I got one in robocall English a few days ago saying the “Swedish police authority” or such needed to speak to me because of identity theft.

They called from a spoofed cell phone exchange (076), meanwhile cops and government anything is always a protected number. Also there is no goddamn way the cops here would go to English at the jump.

Today I had someone call me from a protected number (so I thought it was something government related) asking me why I was calling their man. There was this weird laughing in the background, like I was on speakerphone clearly?

Anyway, I’m just never answering the phone again

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Kenning posted:

Insane that people who aren't actively interviewing for jobs are answering unknown numbers.

Government orgs use unknown numbers here, and I was awaiting a call from one so :shrug:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Every once in a while we get either JWs or some rando ISP at our door.

We put up a small sign that said “no salespeople, especially religious ones” in both Swedish and English. No strangers at the door but I’ve noticed some of our neighbors are a bit more avoidant of my partner and me.

Maybe don’t let in salespeople?? They can’t get into the building without someone letting them in.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

CaptainSarcastic posted:

O positive, but yeah, that probably had something to do with it.

What up blood buddy

I’m a bit of a tease because while I have O+, I’m also habitually line stepping on anemia, so they can’t take my blood.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Watching The Wire this summer was maybe one of the top 3 things this website has pressured me into doing

E: it will emotionally destroy you as many goon related things will but this one I managed to keep my clothes on, so I highly recommend The Wire

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

CaptainSarcastic posted:

an earnest plea for a donation from Cock.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Volmarias posted:

Start greeting them with the traditional swedish greeting, send them hello.jpg

Time to go register goat.se, the website all about Gävlebocken.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I wouldn’t be in Sweden if it wasn’t for SA so that’s something I have to live with.

My immigration experience was easy purely because of my US citizenship. I was told when applying for Swedish citizenship that it would take up to 13 months and it took barely under 1. I’m still shocked (nana nana boo boo they can’t take away my citizenship now).

Nonetheless, Migrationsverket is a horrendous, horrible mess that has destroyed lives because it’s a day that ends in Y. We frequently get stories in the news of “6 year old kid has no ties to [country X], literally only knows Swedish, has no family in [country x] and is assimilated as much as a kid could be assimilated. We’re deporting them anyway because gently caress you”.

If you ask 5 Migrationsverket workers the same question, you’ll get 6 different answers. Which one will get you deported? Who knows! Try and follow instructions given to you? Psych, they were wrong all along, which is your fault!

And to think they’re making the rules even more difficult and obtuse.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
The Zelle equivalent here has digital cards you can send money with and for one person in particular I’ve sent what I call the horse girl card. Every time. I’m usually 2-4 sheets to the wind but goddamn I’ll find that loving card.

Weirdly enough it’s helped in keeping track of whether I paid him back, just find the horse girl. I’m working on associating more cards with more friends, but I just gotta find the right vibe. Him? Horse girl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Horse Girl Swish Card has been going on for at least a few months now, though I’ve never sent twice in one night…yet. I’ve sent him other ones but it’s predominantly Horse Girl Swish Card.

One did have a lyric from Bob Dylan’s Hurricane as the message which answered my question “why do I have a webpage with the lyrics saved on a whole new tab window?” from a week or so back.

E: do not go drinking with me