Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eternal Destiny
Jun 24, 2013

BiggerBoat posted:

Amway and MLM scams get my goat. They're like a cult the way they operate and brainwash people.

When I'm bored, I do a new thing with telephone scammers telling me I owe money or that my computer is infected with a virus or something and pretend to act really concerned and promise to send the money, etc. Then I pretend to get confused and not hear what they're saying or start telling them long drawn out stories just to waste their time and see how long they'll stay with it.

Did one time something similar. I had a guy with a bad accent asking for some banking information. I told him I had to look that up, but that I was not able to do that because then the line would be disconnected.After a while a agreed to go look it up and just put the horn on the hook. After two minutes he called back, I kept him on the line for an other two minutes, then I asked if he could go look at the window if the police already had arrived. Did not really called the police, just scaring him a little.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU