Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Was the address actually the sheriff's office or just some random abandoned Walmart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Excellent choice to think of the pig balls website when having car troubles with a rental in a foreign country.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

greazeball posted:

Man, I just found out about Landmark a couple of weeks ago and the angle was its relation to the most infuriatingly hippie woo woo bullshit restaurant northern California ever produced. Here's their menu, and yes, you have to order the items as they are named and yes, the server does ask every table the question in the top right corner too.

That menu would be way more classy if the cents part of the prices was in fractions.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

In Toronto there is, or was basically a mob war, but with towing companies, which were probably owned by various crime organizations.

Trucks getting burned, blown up, shot at, fist fights at the side of major highways, the whole thing.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Kenning posted:

Gratuity and surcharge creep is related to the broad, slow-moving reduction in living standards, at least in the US. Profitability is an increasingly difficult proposition for business that actually sell a product or a service (rather than engaging in financial bullshit), but simply raising sticker prices to achieve profitability will scare away customers whose disposable income is continuing to drop. But using gratuities to supplement worker pay (rather than giving raises) and adding surcharges rather than increasing the sticker price, they're able to squeeze a bit of blood from the stone. It's a very short-term band-aid, and it's not going to work for long.
destination marketing fee

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Reverse mortgages, they seemed so scammy to me the first time I heard of them but I have no idea what the scam actually is.

Best I can come up with is, they give oldies a bunch of money for their houses, basically "buying" the house in all but title, owners keep paying the taxes, maintenance etc and when pop-pop and meemaw finally die or go to the old folks home, the "financial institution" gets the title/legal poo poo that says they own the home for rizzles, and then they sell the house for its (presumably) higher value than they paid for it.

Is that more or less it?

What about selling your life insurance policy?

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Tom fuckin Selleck advertises that poo poo.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I feel like there are tons of perfectly "legal" scams out there.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

"Why do girls like jesus so much"?

"because he's hung like this":
*/spreads arms wide open

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Tell them blood bitches you got herpes

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I kinda sort of could have gotten scammed a couple months back.

I bought a motor cover for my boat, but for whatever the gently caress reason, it could only be bought through Mercury USA, and not Canada. Shipped by Fedex.
The website said something like "international orders might be subject to additional fees for customs duties, brokerage etc etc.".

A day or so after I ordered, I got a call from "fedex" telling me that I had a shipment that was subjected to duty or some brokerage fees and I should press 1 to pay or something along those lines. I don't recall exactly.

Having had to deal with that poo poo before though, I just figured I'd wait till they send me a notice telling me it wasn't going to be delivered due to additional fees, and to pick it up at the local shipping depot. A few days later I got an email saying my package had been delivered. Nothing about duties, or any other fees.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Professor Shark posted:

I’ve almost done dumb on stuff like that too- at some point, everyone has a package they’re expecting. I think that’s how those scams work, dropping your guard.

Yeah, I'm constantly getting emails for it, but the call was way too coincidental.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

BiggerBoat posted:

I went to listen to a podcast on my phone this morning and got one of those McAfee "scanning device/THREAT FOUND!" popups which I've never experienced on that device before.

The threat was that some guys were going to show up to your house and poo poo in your mouth.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

As if goons know anything about grooming.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Red Oktober posted:

I’ve had this on emails that were printed out for me… and had to use a second sheet just for the message to save the earth.

Print double sided you earth killer!

On emails I get forwarded to me at work its usually "consider the environment before printing"

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Volmarias posted:

That's one of the things that gets called out in Meads, litigants in Canada will reference the US Bill Of Rights for their arguments, an important document which is also completely irrelevant to Canadian law.

I see people (from Canada) posting conspiracy poo poo on facebook and they get fB jailed for 30 days or whatever and they're all like "MY FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS"!!!!
Forgetting of course that we're in Canada. Or that Facebook is "private" property where free speech doesn't really exist as such.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I've texted back "suck my loving dick you oval office piss cocksuckers" once or twice and haven't gotten anything for a few years now.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Tagra posted:

I got a text last night from "nudetv75@gmail.com" saying they want to transfer money to me. Definitely clicking this link! Cha-ching, motherfuckers :smug:

Its a scam.

Should have been nudetv69@gmail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Anyone who created an EYE GEE account for their dog deserves to get scammed.