Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

EL BROMANCE posted:

Yep almost daily I have physical mail from people trying to buy my house. I like how some put a photo of it on the letter to prove they mean SERIOUS BUSINESS.

And it's the Google Street view pic for the ones I get lmao.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
Yeah that's a devious way to exploit OTP. Totally makes sense in hindsight but absolutely designed to prey upon people in the moment. Glad you got yourself secured!

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Discendo Vox posted:

I and innumerable other people have gotten mail from Vanguard with no identifying info, saying they need additional information to process something and to call a number not listed on their website. It is, horrifyingly, legit.

the IT department gets pissed at me using the "report phishing" button on anything that looks sketchy

maybe the company should teach people to not send emails that check all the boxes of a phishing attempt? (high pressure, requesting sensitive information, out of the blue with no context, or an email with title + random link sent without elaboration)

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I remember my dad giving me a $2 bill 20 years ago saying I needed to hold on to it because they were gonna stop making them.

Hadn't seen any news stories, but there must have been something getting passed around because yeah, a quick Google shows a flood of stories in the last two weeks, including CBS News linking their readers to a nonexistent website lmao

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

https://www.cbsnews.com/texas/news/have-a-2-bill-laying-around-it-could-be-worth-thousands/

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

It's good to have hobbies :mmmhmm:

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Inceltown posted:

You let it go to voicemail and google it.

When has this ever told you anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

Congrats on getting lucky I guess. I've only ever seen it return phone lookup sites or unrelated false-positive businesses that have a similar but not identical number, found only after you click through to the website and look for contact info.