Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

codo27 posted:

Outside that same 7/11 at I guess probably 6 in the morning a bunch of thugs confronted him, one approached and demanded his wallet. When he didn't give in, the guy reached for his lunchbox, my uncle pulled back. The guy tugged again, this time he let it go and then kicked him in the nuts.

Please describe what you mean by 'thugs'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

I just went threw buying a car and the whole process is a scam you have to watch carefully. I found a car I liked and they worked up some numbers, and they looked acceptable until I looked at the numbers... theys were trying to saddle me with an 84 month loan @ something like 7.7% interest, and I have stellar credit. told them to get hosed and I started to put my coat on. They said "Well, just wait a minute" . The guy left and came back and said "Oh, he made an error and the interest is actually 3.2%" . Then they did the whole "I've never seen my manager lower a car by so much... your are getting a steal!!!" (Which I've heard multiple times in the past from numerous dealerships).

Buying a car loving sucks and anyone planning to do so needs to know the prices of what the car they are looking at is selling for locally , know your credit score and what type of interest rate is acceptable to you and make sure it's a fixed rate. Also be prepared to be a dick because a lot all car dealerships will shove you around. Don't appear to be desperate to buy and don't accept the first offer they make you.

I was in a total loss accident that wasn't my fault, and I could write a whole mega post on the scams I experienced from the other guy's insurance company to buying a car after shopping at several car dealerships.

All I can say is that if your only transportation is totalled by someone else, RIP because the law is not on your side and you will need to be sharp on your game not to be hosed by the insurance company

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

If you have a trade-in, don’t ever tell the dealership up front. If they have something you want, do the homework, know your credit, know what financing you can get....then ONLY at the last minute mention you might have a trade-in.

If they know you have a trade-in early on, they will work it so they get your old car for nothing and never give you the lowest price they might if you repeatedly tell them you don’t have a trade-in. I made this mistake once and am still kicking myself for it.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

With less than $1,000 in savings how else can they buy the car? You're not getting poo poo for $1000. Your arguments seem rooted in some form of "well, duh, make more money" and "who the hell can't save $150 a week?

A lot of people can't, actually.

You can finance with no money down, btw, which is a big reason people go the financing route. This might be why some posters are calling you a moron.

My town had a dealership that has a monopoly on ‘no credit check’ financing. They are some of the lowest life forms. The inventory they have does look nice in passing, but they don’t do any more than wash them and clean the interior. What’s abhorrent is the price they have on them and the interest they have on their loans. They know people that come to them can’t afford these cars, but they will sell them like a 6 year old car on 82 month nothing down financing.

I once heard a salesmen boast about how he sold the same exact car three times. He would sell it to people he knew couldn’t afford it, made bank on whatever commission salesmen get, then it would inevitably be repossessed and he would sale it again.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

BiggerBoat posted:

I hate HATE televangelists and all the skeevy poo poo they pull. Anyone remember this guy? Jim Bakker who served time in jail for ripping people off? Welp, people still hand him their money and trust him enough to buy this slop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOH37W0jPpA&t=188s

$2500 bucks

https://youtu.be/wWhcm7O6o0k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

A couple years ago the JWs sent an extremely attractive woman by herself to canvas my area, which is very rural.

I live in a relatively safe area, but she was still doing things like driving back driveways that are far long enough not to be visible to the road and away from neighbors

She really didn’t look comfortable and I wonder what she did wrong to be assigned that task

Last week some old guy sent some really young kid to knock on my door while he hung out by the car. He didn’t try too hard, knocking lightly once and leaving a pamphlet