Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

why are weightlifting people on this forum so fond of leg stuff?
Legs can grow in strength and mass faster than most other muscle groups, so it's a good target for anyone who wants to see their RPG stats go up on a spreadsheet. A lot of tough guy things that seem to depend on upper body strength are actually strongly supported or enhanced by lower body strength, too.

Also it feels good, man
<SQUAT DAY!>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

FizFashizzle posted:

The positive effects of creatine are so insignificant they may as well not even exist.

Now deer antler spray....
I noticed a significant difference in my lifts after stalling and taking creatine.

And, at the very least, an increase in water weight. <jiggle jiggle>

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Blow your knees out for 100+ lbs less than your regular squat :colbert:

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Buying new pants isn't as fun as having your old pants rip from your gains. My thighs have shredded at least two pairs of pants on the inseam at work. You're missing out.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

The vagina tightener.
No, that machine is in the back and secured with a keypad.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

notZaar posted:

What kind of job? HJ or BJ?
RJ

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

notZaar posted:

Why is my deadlift so much heavier than my squat? Weak quads?
How much heavier?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

notZaar posted:

270 vs 200.
That's fine, your deadlift should be much greater than your squat. As long as you're still making progress on both, I wouldn't worry about it.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Most people aren't lifting in the elite range, where a 20lb difference between their 595 squat and 615 deadlift is more normal. A 70-50 lb difference is absolutely expected for intermediate and advanced lifters, and I don't see why you'd want to tell someone lifting in the novice range otherwise.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
From what I have observed, it is much easier to gain or lose weight if you have crippling mental illness and go off your meds, particularly bipolar disorder.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Why would you ever do more than 100 squats? Are you trying to lose all your hair?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Back to eating 2200 calories like a normal human for the past month and it's ok :shrug:

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
I don't understand Guinness World Records.

http://www.wicz.com/story/31860929/synergy-athletics-owner-breaks-guinness-world-record

Lower!

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
This hypothesis supports "The stronger you are the stronger you smell" Test

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Sorriest squat day. :(

Warmup goes fine, rack my working weight, squat down and can't get out of the hole. Unload and rerack it, try again, still stuck in the hole. Take 10 lbs off, no good. Another 10. Another. And another. Finally managed to do 1 rep at the same weight I did a set of 3 just last week. No change in my program, diet, or weight. The only thing I can point to is that I had a 2 hour nap before gym time and maybe I wasn't alert enough.

Had a deload scheduled for next week anyway, but still very discouraging.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Better squat day
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzNFKw1a12s

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Hey can everyone else please post their loving grocery list? It's such awesome conversation and makes this thread so good. Anyone buy any milk recently???
Milk is for babies and twinks, and especially twink babies

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
If the choice was between brain-eating amoeba and living in Ohio, I can understand.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Tiny Lowtax posted:

I used to go to a gym that had a pool and I started using it and within a few days my whole body was covered in zits. Gym pools are loving disgusting.
Even after showering off? Ugh.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Tiny Lowtax posted:

My only fitness goals are being in good enough shape to do job adequately. I'm married so I don't get girls anymore I just get to be creepy old guy at the gym who looks at them.

Also statistics says 83% of people obsessed with squats are gay.
I AM OBSESSED WITH MY SQUATS

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

FogHelmut posted:

I've been eating salami 5x a day and now I have the gout ama
Did your doctor recommend a nice stout for your bout with gout?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Posting from the ER after deadlift day. Never stop lifting. Never stop salami.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

notZaar posted:

Did baby get a boo boo on his shinny winnys
Passed out standing and collapsed after my workout, unconscious and seizing for about 30 seconds. GF called 911, EMTs found something on the EKG so they've done a chest x-ray and CT.

Shin status is green, slammed my butt on a coffee table tho :butt:

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Batterypowered7 posted:

Which is the forum where they'd bend over backwards for a chance to blow Mark Rippetoe?
That poo poo is so played out, we're all about $40 ebook diets now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Batterypowered7 posted:

Is this where I come to post my garbage workout and get made fun of?
No, we're all supportive of everyone's garbage workouts here. You're doing a great job.

• Locked thread