Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Hey guys I'm back haven't posted since the 2015 thread but you can bet I've been getting swole. Good to be back miss you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Lol at anyone that doesn't realize how awesome cardio and stretching actually are

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I'm the guy at the gym who cuts the sleeves off his t shirts smaller than a tank top so that my nipples aren't covered

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I'm the guy who just started working out, has made no adjustment to his eating habits, drinks a protein shake after every workout because he heard that's what you're supposed to do, then wonders why he isn't losing weight

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Zzulu posted:

I'm the guy who accidentally farted horrendously loudly while doing situps

like, im actually that guy

"Accidentally"

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

If you're using a kettle bell I'm willing to bet you don't really have any muscles anyways

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I run shirtless when I'm at the station because I hate getting my shirts all smelly. If I could do it at the gym too I totally would.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Bakalakadaka posted:

All of my gym outfits can be described only as "Macho Man Randy Savage"

Oh yeah

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Just ran for a half hour at alternating speeds and inclines. Cardio haters can suck this dick

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Leave tonight for Florida for a beach vacation. Cut 8 pounds in the last week and a half to get beach ready. Now got the six pack showing while at rest aww yeaaaaa

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Leaving work this morning on the way to the gym I got pulled over for speeding. When the cop asked why I was speeding I said "the pre workout is kicking in". Then he let me go because I'm a firefighter.

True story.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Just ran for 40 minutes followed by an hour and twenty minutes of lifting, including deadlifts.

Happy holiday y'all. Nobody call 911 today because I don't feel like saving anyone today.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Firefighter info incoming:

Yes we have a gym in every firehouse, and they are actually really really legit. We got a bunch of government grants for awesome equipment, we even have dumb bells up to 110lbs. We have a squat rack and everything.

To the guy who said lift before I run, no. If I lift I'll get too tired and will stop running too soon. Also I don't care what I get sweaty because I clean it after use. And there's only 3 guys at each firehouse anyways.

Low pay: depends where you work. I happen to work at one of, if not the, highest paid Union departments in Michigan. It's awesome and I make enough to support my family and enjoy life.

Too tired for fires: nah. It's a different kind of exercise that I really can't explain. The only time it sucks is when we get a fire on squat day, that sucks, so I usually do squats on my off day.

I feel like I owe it to the people of the city I work for to be in the best shape I possibly can be. Their taxes pay my salary, so I owe it to them to be in good enough shape to save their lives of need be.

I'm a firefighter medic ama about my firehouse gym.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

notZaar posted:

If you weren't gay, how much tang would you say you could slay per week?

Probably a lot since women love firefighters

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Chinatown posted:

hows youre chili game and how much salami is in the fridge usually?

Chili isn't that popular with our department and I have no clue how to even make it. It's like a once every 4-5 month thing. No salami in the fridge. Lots of cottage cheese and Greek yogurt tho all because of me. I don't think my crew likes when I cook because it's always some form of chicken lmao

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Wamdoodle posted:

No lie, I'd do this at least once a day if I was a fireman.

Most stations don't even have poles any more because they were leading to ankle injuries. We only have one station that is two floors high and it has a fast as gently caress twisty slide.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Helios Grime posted:

Did deadlifts ever prepare you to rescue an obese person out of a burning house?

Super obese people call 911 to get help off of the toilet. This is not a joke. So deadlifts help me with that. Super obese people, while not just disgusting, are also horrible people that are rude as hell.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Wamdoodle posted:

A slide? Man, being a fireman sounds like it owns. Do the guys at that station take the slide just for the hell of it or is it for emergencies only?

Most people don't take the slide. It's seriously super fast and makes you dizzy as gently caress. One day a probie decided to clean it and made it ridiculously slippery and I went flying off of the end of it in the middle of the night.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

The other day a coworker was wearing shoes that said CROSSFIT really large on the side. I asked him how crossfit shoes are any different than normal gym shoes. He said they aren't, reebok just owns crossfit. Lmao what how can anyone own a style of exercise? I need to find a way to own running or something so everyone had to pay me royalties when they run or buy running shoes.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

More like cock sick. Am I right guys

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Or cocks lick. I should have went with that one.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Waaaaaayyyyyy too long of posts in this thread what the gently caress

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Bananas give me stomach aches

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Hey can everyone else please post their loving grocery list? It's such awesome conversation and makes this thread so good. Anyone buy any milk recently???

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Anyone who uses a water bottle at the gym is a piece of poo poo

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

I'm the teenager at the gym wearing a tank top that says the empire lifts back, wearing lifting straps, a back brace, and using chalk to dead lift 225lbs. Oh wait no that's this d bag taking up the squat rack for an hour.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

If you don't take a pre workout drink, an intra workout drink, and a post workout drink then you obviously aren't very dedicated to your consumerism.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Elliptical isn't real exercise.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

The frozen buffalo cauliflower ain't very good, person who posted about finding it.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

FizFashizzle posted:

Haven't deadlifted heavy forever.

Hit an easy 440 today for three.

Also hit a triple press at 155, and a push press triple at 225.

That's great and all but that kind of talk doesn't belong in this thread

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Why do people who drive Jeeps always have to refer to them as "my Jeep"? Like, if I leave something in my car, I'll just be like "oh it's in the car" but every loving Jeep owner always says "oh it's in the jeep". gently caress jeep owners and their stupid jeeps.

"We can take my jeep!" gently caress you. We can take your car. And it's only Jeeps. You don't hear people driving a loving Chrysler 300 saying "let's take my Chrysler!".

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

If I used testosterone I'd probably have muscles so it's obviously not that

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Lol if you have to bring a notebook with you to the gym because you're too stupid to remember how much you can lift

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Yah your weight maybe lmao

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

#sorrynotsorry
#strongistgenewskinny
#proteinshakes
#yogapants

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

#meinthebutt

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

Deadlift every day. In full gear.

END OF AN ERROR fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jun 28, 2016

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDTsqd-5g_c

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

jm20 posted:

Your [unedited] secret is safe with me Tiny Lowtax

I'm just bad at the Internet. I'm old.

Is the secret the fact I edited out where you can see the name on my gear? I just edited out that part because you don't need to see me walking up to the bar after starting the camera.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

jm20 posted:

I saw both that and the previous account name which matched :wink:

Yeaaaahhh. I wasn't really trying to hide that per se. But I did want the video on my new channel that will be for my new business.

But please, keep it secret. Keep it safe.

• Locked thread