Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I hope everyone was visited by the gains fairy in the last month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

notZaar posted:

Sorry if I triggered you, fatty.

We get it. You're terrified of progress.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Hello friends, I have been going to the gym 3 times a week after work and also learning how to fence on the remaining two, AMA.

Is fencing as fun as it sounds? What about the response?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
W&W is a fun place to yell at idiots :shrug:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
drat, I'd have body image issues too if I was 40lbs lighter at the same bodyfat%

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

P-Mack posted:

How the gently caress am I supposed to squat in one of those Smith machines with the slight backwards incline? Anything I do feels wrong.

You can do something that's more like a leg press by putting your feet pretty far out in front of you but you'd be better off using an actual leg press machine.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

B-Rock452 posted:

I have a photo of a well known elitefts contributor curling in the squat rack

So?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

notZaar posted:

Does 5x10 count as high rep?

http://www.strengtheory.com/hypertrophy-range-fact-fiction/

All rep ranges matter

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Remember kids. Jesus hates bricks, baseball bats, and DRUGS! Stay clean!

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Minorkos posted:

hello i would like to join the lovely knee club. my knee feels weird again. i've had this poo poo for like 5 months now. first i took a 1 month break from gym and it didn't heal, then i took 2 months and it didn't heal, and now it's been 1 month again and apparently shoveling snow 4 days in a row was enough to stress it to the point of soreness again. i don't know what's up with it, i'm 22 so it's not like it can be just falling apart

i'm going to wager that the doctor that said it's just a runner's knee didn't know what he was talking about. i have a hard time believing that a runner's knee would be such a bitch about healing. welp time to sit still for 3 months and hope that it maybe decides to heal. i'm probably never going to do running as cardio again, that's for sure

Where does it hurt? Also

Pawl posted:

It has been 5 months? Go see a sports medicine doctor instead of asking the internet what to do about it

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I had some one one weird tricks depending on where it was hurting but I don't know about that one, sorry. Hope you get it sorted out.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Al Cowens posted:

Frank Yang was arrested again

He's been arrested before? What happened?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Steroids in pill form are a lot harder on your body than those you inject because they go through your liver twice or something. But if you do them right away instead of training hard for a few years you're retarded and will still look like poo poo.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Please don't make me watch.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
*machine gun noises*

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Everyone had better or they can get the gently caress out.

Applies to both posts I guess ^^

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Try changing your feet placement to minimize it but yeah that can happen depending on the machine. You're right to be careful

Why do the idiots in all these videos take the time to put on knee wraps if they're only squatting 6"??? How is that going to help at all? Where is the logic in the series of poor choices that lead to these videos?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

notZaar posted:

I've tried doing the machine sumo style but then my knees start to feel funny, maybe I'll just stick to squats and leg curls.

Could do light front squats for high volume to replace the leg press.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I like new balance minimus for general lifting

Zzulu posted:

at some point we're gonna hit the limit for what human bones/tissue can manage to liftm even when fueled by all sorts of drugs

There will be drugs for that

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Yeah but Jesse Norris

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-xTDSuet1E

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
You guys need to quit loving yourselves up.

notZaar posted:

After a low intensity week and 3 days of rest, I still can't squat for poo poo.

Usually takes a day getting reacclimated to heavier weights and then you'll hit a PR.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
How did it taste?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
That's the dude that's mostly cro-magnon or whatever

Love the chair racks

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Weightlifting requires your legs, if you want to get all fishmech about it

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Zahgaegun posted:

Post yur gains killin' cardio:

Snatches, power cleans, and high rep squats?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Hatebag posted:

It's $20/month for effectively 2 memberships. Girlfriend comes as a guest every time. No good gym can compete with that. This is a contributing factor in deciding to build a wooden squat rack, though.

Actually a good gym provides you with an environment where you can make progress surrounded by successful athletes, not pizza for $20/month

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
We made pizza Sunday night it was great. Naan makes a great start for quick homemade pizza.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Paper Diamonds posted:

Just signed up at a powerlifting/strongman gym for $45 a month. And is "open 24/7/365" which just means it's a warehouse full of oly platforms, power cages, benches, all kinds of weird strongman concrete spheres. Keypad to enter, you just use your code , No staff. No locker room. A single small toilet room.

These are the best gyms. Enjoy the roids.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Paper Diamonds posted:

The equipment had a certain prison grunge atmosphere. But everybody was super nice and there were some really strong people there. One of the big powerlifting associates in the area is Natural Athletes Strength Assoc. and it sounds like some of the guys compete there. Obviously it doesnt mean nobody is using roids, but whatevs.

Yeah more seriously the vast majority of strong people are pretty nice and helpful and less of them are on something than you'd think. Learn what you can from them. You're in the right environment to make crazy gains.

Uxzuigal posted:

How do you make two 5's become 20? Or a 10...

- - -

Adding 10lbs shouldn't be that bad on overhead press, but - maybe I am just being an unintentional rear end in a top hat here :>

post ur press bruh

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Uxzuigal posted:

Having awesome people who know their poo poo around you is a pretty god drat good boost. My gym is about 35$ per month, classic Arnold Style, lovely place.

Not anything impressive, somewhere around 130lbs. Climbing steadyli :> [barbell shoulderpress]. 8th month in the gym today actualy :banjo:

Pretty good for starting out

UnfurledSails posted:

Weight loss is tough for me because lifting while on a caloric deficit is the worst thing in the world, but if I stop lifting then I feel like poo poo. So I'm in a permanent state of frustrating mediocrity because I can't commit to cutting or bulking

Move more so you can eat more and still lose weight

notZaar posted:

He got banned for posting like an unmedicated psycho, and good riddance.

That was the other one I think

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Paper Diamonds posted:

Well poo poo what now

Squat narrow and don't go so low. Why are you squatting that deep anyway?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Paper Diamonds posted:

Was told to go rear end to grass ever since i first started squatting. Plus it feels good. Until the next day when my knees are sore.

You missed the "but don't do it if it hurts" that applies to everything.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Only go that deep if you're wearing knee wraps.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Paper Diamonds posted:

At the time of squatting it feels good. The next day stiff as gently caress. I'll try narrow and a bit shallower on Monday. Are wider stance really that bad of an alternative? I'm not even sure if the depth in the narrow squat is the issue that's causing the stiffness.

They're not necessarily bad but can stress your hips out over time. Better than something that'd definitely causing you pain.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Say Nothing posted:

I don't think he actually bent his knees - he just kind of stuck his butt out a bit.

Should have wrapped his glutes too.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

notZaar posted:

I've always skipped those machines, they seem like a complete waste of time.

thread title :rolleyes:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Hello? Yes. Well I have actual pains and injuries in my body and am hoping the "make gay jokes about the gym" thread can tell me how to fix them. Already tried blowing 9 guys in the sauna. Hoping for new advice. TIA

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Just keep tearing up your shoulder. When it heals it'll be even stronger and bigger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Fallows posted:

on the 17th day of my first cycle, ive gone from 177.0

lol. great life choice

• Locked thread