Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
well at least you're being honest with yourself

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Profondo Rosso posted:

I don't think you understand how pant sizes work. My waist fits comfortably in a 30, it's just incredibly uncomfortable, bordering on painful, for my thighs as size 30 pants are designed for the average person that wears them, not someone with swole thighs and a 30 waist. Short of cutting chunks of muscle from my thighs I cannot change this

You're not swole if you're just learning that you can't fit into jeans.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
http://www.roots.com/us/en/men/bottoms/sweatpants/ this is what I wear everyday since I've come to terms with my obesity, HTH

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

My Q-Face posted:

Yeah, like wearing sweatpants is going to hide the fact that you're fat. Personally I prefer to go with something like this: http://www.shakatime.com/category/muumuu.html

Not hiding anything I just need to reduce chafing

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Buy them in Canada so you get 1/3 off

Med School posted:

Was reading the "gain 30 lbs in 2 months" section of 4 hour body by Tim Ferriss. Seems kind of impossible/horribly impractical for someone who has a job. Any thoughts

He's full of poo poo

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

No those are good legs. Keep up the good work

Is this the long distance running thread?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

drat horror queefs posted:

Hell yeah squat barf brother. Mondays are meant for pain. And also gainz I guess but my squat is plateaued as gently caress. Oh well.

Am I reading your post correctly that you do a lift once a week and it has mysteriously plateaued?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
don't think just eat

drat horror queefs posted:

nope just that mondays aren't fun and I happened to be doing legs today. my squat has plateaued for other reasons, probably because my diet is 75% coffee

^^^

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Boko Haram posted:

Proud of myself, I only ate oats w/protein and a bowl of tuna w/hot sauce so far. Walked/ran 6 miles and I'm headed to work gonna lift things till midnight. I gotta start doing sit ups I guess, cause I want abs and I've noticed my stomach is slimming down on this lowfat diet I'm doing. Anything else easy for an ab workout at home? I got a perfect pullup bar that I hosed around with sometimes, and I managed to climb up my fire escape wicked easy when I locked myself out which is another goal.

Get an ab wheel, they're cheap and one of the best ab workouts

not this one http://broscience.co/mike-ohearn-now-selling-an-ab-wheel-aka-frog-fitness-for-1495/

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I push pressed 220 into my chin

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

sassassin posted:

You're weak as poo poo and no one should follow any of your advice on principle.

lol I was going to say that but figured I'd been too much of a negative nancy lately

"I want to get better at this thing"
"stop doing it"
:downsa:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

notZaar posted:

Does isolating rotator cuffs help with the bench or is that more brotherly science?

It helps your shoulders not fall apart eventually which would do the opposite of helping. Definitely a good thing to add to your normal warmups or something, brother.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Meh. I'm benching 45 lbs more than my weight and I'm going for 'lean and muscular' rather than "GIGANTOR", so I say meh. Meh to all the haters~
:cheers:

I, too, can bench the big girl plates.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
No one will ever want your tiny body

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Aralan posted:

Stop benching is bad advice for getting your bench to go up. Do more shoulder work isn't. If anything, bench more often and do shoulder stuff afterwards. Lift more weight and do it more often, also, imo

whoa look at this crazy person

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

notZaar posted:

It's called being lean.

How else will people know at a glance that I'm wealthy enough to never go hungry?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Paper Diamonds posted:

185 5x5 was easy today. Felt light picking it up from the rack. Feel like i should have tried 205 again but decided to stick to 185 because I've failed 205 a few times in a row now.

Add some extra volume in. Like another set or two. Backing off works but is horrible in terms of long term strength gains.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

ObesePriest posted:

Ughh what..? This is a thing?

Working out is literally impossible

You have to do more and go heavier, forever

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Bakalakadaka posted:

I'm seeing talk about pyramids but what does grain storage have to do with swole?????

Gotta talk to the huge ripped dude in the locker room to find out about the "hidden chambers"

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Chinatown posted:

idk man lifting heavy things up and down is fun n make you feel good + powerful

but then you look in the mirror :smith:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Fallows posted:

cycle update: yesterday was my last day of oral mohn and i am 15 lbs heavier with no bf increase than whan i started feb 29, im also 2 weeks into my sustanon which is kicking in nicely

How much are you spending on food?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

notZaar posted:

You wish you had more time? How long does it take to cook a pot of rice? Canned beans are also some of the cheapest ready to eat calories you can buy. There's no excuse for that kind of sloppy spending.

You sound like so much fun.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

notZaar posted:

That's not my diet, I'm just saying there's no good excuse for spending $200 a week eating out every meal.

And also don't count out a bowl of white rice and baked beans for dinner it's actually pretty drat good eating.

I'd say gaining more muscle in a month than you probably ever will is a good excuse but that's just me.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I'd be pretty happy on 20 burrito bowls a week.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Could probably get more calories and happiness/dollar from frozen cream puffs

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Or work two hours over the weekend and be able to pay for meals out all week.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
I think about what would happen if I have a stress fracture in my femur that gave out. Or if I slipped a disk. Or if I failed and my cage broke and the weight took me neck first to the ground. And what it would be like to be crippled after that.

You know, normal stuff.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Google "dc calf training" and do that

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Uxzuigal posted:

DC kinda looks like the standing machine poo poo I am doing.

Nice music choice but unless you used some sick mad video editing skills I don't see you pausing for 5 seconds at the top of the lift and 10 at the bottom.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

BelgianWaffle posted:

It's amazing how big calves appear to be on fats. Mind you, their muscle fibre is infused with fat molecules, so it isnt muscle at all

That sounds delicious. And complete made up bullshit.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

That's just delicious fat. There are no muscles there.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

FizFashizzle posted:

Sorry to break up the gay circle jerk, but I'm here to talk about snatch.

226 double from the hang.

https://instagram.com/p/BD9K0OqJQQS/

That's a big one

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Yeah just eat/lift more.

Profondo Rosso posted:

That seems like kind of a bad idea (although I'm no expert). Dumbbell benching puts far more strain on your stabilizing muscles, and if you're doing it right after a different form of bench press (i.e. after you wore out the tris/chest already) it would be a recipe for for injury if those muscles aren't already pretty strong (which they likely are not if you are struggling to go above 135 with the barbell).

If dumbbell benching after barbell injures you you were never meant to lift. But if you're asking for advice in this thread this is what you deserve.

Uxzuigal posted:

Think I might struggle to get enough protein naturaly through my diet. I do one protein shake after each training session usualy, but considering to up this to one in the morning, one after training... I prefer natural foods, but not always that easy to fit in. Also: gently caress my shoulder. Something weird with it again, no sharp pain though so will try to fight through it at the gym tomorrow and see what happends.

One shake with breakfast, one after I workout, and eating normal amounts of meat puts me around 175g a day which is perfect for me at 200lbs. How much do you think you need?

Dum Cumpster fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 10, 2016

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Uxzuigal posted:

I am thinking around ~125g @ 86kg (190lbs) - Guess my estimate was abit low.
Breakfast for me is about 10-20g.
Dinner around 30-40g
"21:00" food around 20-30g.

So Id say I am getting about 90g max without protein shakes. (Current shakes has 25g protein, whey+6.5g bcaa).

Eat another chicken breast or another two scoop shake. Eat a little more protein in each meal. Now you're probably over what you need.

Profondo Rosso posted:

yeah but you have to keep in mind someone who cant bench more than 135 (i.e. is weak as gently caress) is going to have to be real careful to avoid injury

How is that any different from someone else? Just don't lift more than you're able no matter how strong you are. Whoa! Crazy poo poo.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Profondo Rosso posted:

i'm not denying you know far more about lifting than I do, but it seems kind of obvious someone that can barely bench 1 plate pushing themselves to failure right after is going to have worse form/mind muscle connection/knowledge of how far they can push/chance of injuring themselves than a veteran lifter doing the exact same thing

He said he wasn't going to failure. I thought you were talking about just dumbbell pressing after barbell pressing, like I said.

Generally beginners going to failure isn't a good idea, I'd agree there.

Dum Cumpster fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 10, 2016

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

How much do you bench press?

Hey he's not trying to get big and bulky!

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Here's the secret to not getting big and bulky: don't eat so much.

Why would you not want to get stronger at the same bodyweight if you are a karate master?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
If you're going to talk about this subject plz post the proper video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNbrVw1Yp5c

Fair enough. But in time you'll ditch them all and move into a van in the parking lot of a powerlifting gym.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
It's easy to learn on your own and yet goons gently caress it up all the time.

Uxzuigal posted:

I strongly dissagree, it's extremely easy to make bad mistakes that could cause injury to your body. Having someone to correct you is invaluable.

How can you say this and recommend he get some random personal trainer.

Try going to one of these gyms, Dza. http://www.saskpowerlifting.ca/index.php?id=9 I can't stress how much it helps going to a gym where people actually care about lifting. Figure out who's in charge and tell them you're new and don't want to gently caress yourself up, and they should be able to direct you to someone who can help. Or just find the biggest dude that doesn't act like a piece of poo poo. Most of them are usually nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

notZaar posted:

I find it funny that technology has developed to the point where the common man doesn't know how to squat anymore, it's the most natural position for the human animal to rest in.

I was watching some klokov video where he's talking about being comfortable in the bottom of the snatch position and is saying "you know, how you sit when you with friends and drink beer and smoke" and then I understood why I'll never lift like a russian. *leans back in computer chair*

• Locked thread