Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
https://mobile.twitter.com/ScrapDaddyAP/status/802904460880183296

Is this something people should be asking questions about? Hmmm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
No.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

outside of ROH's NY crowds, NXT consistently brings out the worst in people. I don't watch enough WWE to see what stupid poo poo they do instead of watching the goddamn match.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

rovert posted:

Listen to her crowd reactions and WWE has her doing SO much media now.

For some reason she's one of the people who gets the most requests from media despite the WWE not putting her all over their press packs and materials. I know it's easy to point at Bayley as being an example of the WWE not knowing what they have but you can make a serious case that for a long time they didn't know what they had with Becky.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Roque11 posted:

They're all making the jump to ROH! This is gonna change the industry forever..........................

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Can see kev's nippuls

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Whos excited for final battle? I cant wait for Cole/O'Reilly and the 4 corner match.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

Whos excited for final battle? I cant wait for Cole/O'Reilly and the 4 corner match.

I like it all except the two six-mans maybe, and if the Young Bucks/Briscoes replicate their London match it will steal the show. On that note, I hope they release the London VOD soon. They released the Liverpool show already but maybe they're waiting until after Cyber Monday to put out the last two from the UK tour.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Roque11 posted:

There are no questions to be asked. Cruise got his start in ROH as Steve Corino's personal ring announcer, and Corino needs someone to introduce him to the trainees at the Performance Center, so it's only natural he's bring Bobby Cruise with him.

"Ladies, Gentlemen, and trainees at the Performance Center, please welcome, weighing in at 235lbs of cold-filtered fury...the Extreme Horseman..the King of Old School...the King of Kings..the King of Beers..and the loving GOD of pro wrestling...Steve Corino!!"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Roque11 posted:

So you're saying they're all going to ROH in December?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

actual attendance 605
reported by meltzer 805

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
I thought the Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly video packages from ROH tv were excellent.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Durk Hendrunkqs posted:

I thought the Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly video packages from ROH tv were excellent.

The nice thing about this program is that it's always yielded good matches, and people like O' Reilly enough that they wanna see him climb that mountaintop (and hopefully drop the strap to Dalton Castle, eventually).

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

I don't know how long he's got left but I'd like to see Christopher Daniels get a run. Maybe go O'Reilly -> Daniels -> Castle -> Scurll. I think Scurll is the future of ROH if they can keep him locked down.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MagicCube posted:

I don't know how long he's got left but I'd like to see Christopher Daniels get a run. Maybe go O'Reilly -> Daniels -> Castle -> Scurll. I think Scurll is the future of ROH if they can keep him locked down.

Daniels apparently turned down the belt years ago because he felt it should go on young guys, can't imagine he'd go for it now unless he's changed his mind or he's bought into his own hype. FWIW, I like the idea of him having a title reign too because he was certainly popular and talented enough to have one, but I think he's cut down on wrestling dates because of his stunt work anyways

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/683581-christopher-daniels-talks-taking-on-new-role-as-an-actorstuntman-how-much-longer-he-might-wrestle

A Castle/Scurll rivalry sounds good to me, though.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Catching up on ROH TV and this Silas Young promo he's cutting on the Liger fan with a huge loogie on his face was really good and gross

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Silas Young is rude. Silas Young for champ.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Silas Young is rude. Silas Young for champ.

I really like Silas, character-wise, but I think that leg injury discouraged ROH from really pulling the trigger on making him champeen. Had they not signed Scurll, Young'd be a great TV champ.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Chris James 2 posted:

I am, you heard it here folks.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/MattJackson13/status/804035289186332673
Looks like the Bucks resigned which isn't really surprising

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jSrUpFImf8U

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JGeo2VwhfAQ

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

achillesforever6 posted:

But everybody is unhappy and wants to leave after 12/31 and ROH is suppose to only be left with Christopher Daniels as the next champion.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Daniels should be the next champion though

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i am glad that irrelevancy in the wwe for less money is not the endpoint for every talented act

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Roque11 posted:

But everybody is unhappy and wants to leave after 12/31 and ROH is suppose to only be left with Christopher Daniels as the next champion.

Roque, I don't doubt that this is unintentional, but I think statements like this fall into the fallacy of the excluded middle. This thread has discussed possible flaws and problems with which Ring of Honor may be struggling, but I for one have not seen the kind of doomsaying that this post implies is happening.

I like RoH. Hell, it was a Dalton Castle match I caught on TV one night that reminded me of just how much I like pro wrestling at its best. I can't speak for absolutely everyone here, but I truly don't believe most people in this thread are just making GBS threads on them for the sake of making GBS threads. Loving anything healthily requires acknowledging its strengths and its weaknesses.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SatansOnion posted:

Loving anything healthily requires acknowledging its strengths and its weaknesses.

This should honestly be the motto for RR because whether it's a wrestling or MMA organization, people really can't understand the concept of loving something AND wanting to see it succeed in every way. Pointing out when someone or something is loving up massively is essential to improvement, and ignoring problems will only make things worse both short-term and long-term.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

For 2 years

Bard Maddox posted:

Daniels should be the next champion though

Wrestlemania weekend maybe.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

rovert posted:

thank Christ

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Christopher Daniels is cool, nice dude. I can't get that excited about him being champ tho.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

rovert posted:

yassssssss

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

coconono posted:

Christopher Daniels is cool, nice dude. I can't get that excited about him being champ tho.

There's a chance he joins NXT as a coach before then.

Nothing to do with contracts. But Bobby Fish is in doubt for this weekend. Family situation.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Roque11 posted:

You know, I was thinking to myself "Roque is the funniest part of the ROH thread" while reading it the other day, but I've changed my mind. I hope I've worked myself into a shoot, brother, because I can't humanly comprehend the idea of someone having a persecution complex over something as trivial as a professional wrestling promotion.

Something actually on-topic, for someone who's never really watched much ROH but is at least vaguely familiar with the roster (and has seen a handful of them live), is there a good spot to pick up on their TV? Or is it the sort of thing where I'll be able to jump in mid-stream and have a handle on it all after a few weeks?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

sleepwalkers posted:

You know, I was thinking to myself "Roque is the funniest part of the ROH thread" while reading it the other day, but I've changed my mind. I hope I've worked myself into a shoot, brother, because I can't humanly comprehend the idea of someone having a persecution complex over something as trivial as a professional wrestling promotion.

Something actually on-topic, for someone who's never really watched much ROH but is at least vaguely familiar with the roster (and has seen a handful of them live), is there a good spot to pick up on their TV? Or is it the sort of thing where I'll be able to jump in mid-stream and have a handle on it all after a few weeks?

The TV basically exists for the matches, ROH isn't exactly big on long running storylines unless they involve Steve Corino for some reason.

Roque11
Aug 7, 2016

sleepwalkers posted:

Not as bad as these people who have so much hate for a wrestling company that they build their life around tweeting or posting this hogwash about how the sky is falling for this said company.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

rovert posted:

There's a chance he joins NXT as a coach before then.

Nothing to do with contracts. But Bobby Fish is in doubt for this weekend. Family situation.

Poor Bobby :(

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Roque11 posted:

Not as bad as these people who have so much hate for a wrestling company that they build their life around tweeting or posting this hogwash about how the sky is falling for this said company.

I have little interest in defending you but you're absolutely right here.

The sky is falling poo poo went on for months and pointing at qualifiers thrown in to hedge bets doesn't change how hard that narrative was being pushed.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
People have been talking about ROH dying for like two years on and off at this point, this is certainly the worst it's gotten because actual rumors about bad locker room morale and poo poo have gotten published but people have been doom and gloom about things that have ultimately come to nothing before

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Roque11 posted:

Nobody here is building their life around Tweeting about ROH unless they're Rovert, and his whole thing is Tweeting Wrestling Things and kinda awkwardly leaning into the grief he gets.

sportsgenius86 posted:

I have little interest in defending you but you're absolutely right here.

The sky is falling poo poo went on for months and pointing at qualifiers thrown in to hedge bets doesn't change how hard that narrative was being pushed.

The ~prevailing narrative~ about ROH that I heard was "wow, if the backstage goings on are this hosed, this company probably won't last very long" with people assuming there'd be a mass exodus of talent because of how messed up it was. Now, those people didn't learn their lesson from TNA being a significantly hotter mess and still existing as a company that literally doesn't make enough money to operate, but. I don't really know how that's as weird as Roque's weird smug quips thinking he's really sticking it to the haters!!

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Dec 1, 2016

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
ROH lacks good stories and under utilizes talent. Hard to get investing into anything that aren't the big shows or the NJPW shows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Even though I very much like ROH they did waste Cedric and I will never forgive them for that.

• Locked thread