Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Greatest ROH Champion
This poll is closed.
Lethal 28 47.46%
Rowe 1 1.69%
HANSON 17 28.81%
Pitbull 13 22.03%
Total: 59 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Give us Tanahashi/Lethal I at Global Wars, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I think Colt Cabana's fine and everything, but it's a little hard to buy him as a serious threat to Jay Lethal, The Greatest Pro Wrestling Champion in the World.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Thauros posted:

Lethal calls himself the Best in the World but he's still not the ACE OF THE UNIVERSE

I'm really hoping we get that match at Global Wars.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
That's a great lineup, pumped for the PPV. Can't wait to see what the matches are.

Also I grew up loving Liger, so even though he's not going to have the best match its still amazing to me that I'm going to see him live.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Ton of people going to be on the card.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Grozz Nuy posted:

I wouldn't mind a redesign of the TV belt, it's not a bad looking title but I really like the World and Tag championship belt designs in ROH and the TV title looks a little plain by comparison.

I kinda like how weirdly shaped the plates are on the current TV title. Like they're all oblong and oval-like, it looks like an old NWA belt.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The REAL main event

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Another good one for the PPV

Should be a potential show stealer at the event.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Thauros posted:

Better than Kyle

Whoa let's not go too far

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Kenny Omega may be having visa issues because he was announced for the Toronto RoH/NJPW show and none of the others.

Oh, and Toronto is a TV taping.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Moose going to eat that pin.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Today's match announcement

Should be fun, though I'm a bit bummed to see KUSHIDA in an 8 man tag instead of a singles match.

Naito's match hasn't yet been announced.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Thauros posted:

:aaaaa:

He better be on the May tour if they can't give us Shibata due to loving visas.

Hope so. They also officially announced O'Reilly/Naito for the Global Wars PPV. These people have been announced, but don't have matches yet:

Dalton Castle
Roderick Strong
ACH
Adam Page
ANX

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I really wish Kyle had been the one to take the world title off Lethal (maybe he still will), and we'd have ReDRagon holding both the singles belts.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Moose is a huge ex-NFL player who now has a few years of TV wrestling experience. I always felt he'd be WWE-bound sooner rather than later.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I'll be there tomorrow with my wife. It's important to note that the PPV isn't in Chicago, it's in the suburb of Chicago Ridge. So there isn't a ton of stuff around the Fieldhouse itself.

The Fieldhouse has a small parking lot that will have spots if you get there early enough.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I had a great time at the show but can also see how the ending would piss people off.

it's hard for me to focus on anything other than I got to see Okada and Tanahashi wrestle each other.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Yeah I hope this is just setting up a feud for War Machine to destroy the Addiction.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Adam Page is cool, glad Gedo likes him.

Do the Addiction already have an announced title match at BITW? So there's no chance War Machine get the titles back in NY?

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Please don't leave RoH, Roderick 'Rod the Bod' 'Roddy' 'Mr. RoH' 'Dojo Bro' 'The Messiah of the Backbreaker' Strong

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Adam Cole is sick, gonna miss some shows

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/adam-cole-hospitalized

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
The Champion vs. Champion match was great, but I didn't need to see the feud continue after that.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
It looks like that Tweet may have gotten deleted, here is the article on their site

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/goodbye-now

Goodbye… For Now.
Roderick Strong Departs Ring of Honor

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

achillesforever6 posted:

https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/745752330423967744
This person is usually right about a lot of things involved with NXT so welp

Though to be fair Roddy has basically done everything he could do in ROH

Agreed, but it's still a bummer to see someone so associated with the company that he used the "Mr. RoH" nickname go.

NXT is probably the right move for his career though

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Well, it was less than 2 months ago that they sent over Tanahashi, Okada, etc

Also I believe Okada and Naito are announced for this very event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

KungFu Grip posted:

That figure still hasn't come out yet as far as I know and WWE has released like 4 since he started in NXT.

They also just put "Mr. RoH" on TV so I'm guessing they don't have any issues with signing talent associated with RoH

• Locked thread