Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

FluffieDuckie posted:

edited for an interesting factoid:

if you're one of the like 5 guys left using the script to view byob, when people put duplicate images in their sigs they look like this

i don't have that script anymore since my old not as lovely computer is on the other side of the planet

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I'm sure your incredible shitposting will one day transform the xbone into a good console, so long as you believe in yourself and stay determined anything is possible!

thank you your support feels like it will turn the tide!

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
Hi - I'm sorta new here.

FluffieDuckie - you are a good and kind mod - thanks for your help with the avatar

Isaih's boner - thanks for the rad AV, your skills are much appreciated and you seem like a really great guy

alnilam

Hi Mario I'm glad youre here :)

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

alnilam posted:

Hi Mario I'm glad youre here :)

Thanks!

I keep wondering if your name is something spelled backwards :iiam:

alnilam

super mario batali posted:

Thanks!

It's a star!

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

alnilam posted:

It's a star!

Robot Made of Meat

Thanks!

Welcome! And yes, I keep trying to decipher the hidden meaning in Al's name, too.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

hi mario glad to have you around! you don't need to credit me for your av in your sig but it was mighty kind of you and it says you're a nice person.

hi how are you ♥

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom
I just think its funny because it sounds like a holy dong drew the AV!

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

I just think its funny because it sounds like a holy dong drew the AV!

it did! welp don't let me stop you!

hi how are you ♥

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

it did! welp don't let me stop you!

I have now become skeletal, destroyer of worlds

alnilam

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Welcome! And yes, I keep trying to decipher the hidden meaning in Al's name, too.

It's a star!

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

I guess we'll never know what alnilam's name means

hi how are you ♥

MrWillsauce

it's a car

Commie NedFlanders

I've got negative self esteem

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
Be nice to yourself.

Macnult

Commie NedFlanders posted:

I've got negative self esteem

You put the cool in communism, Commie NedFlanders. Keep it real 😎

mister magpie posted:

Be nice to yourself.

I see you often on the forums and you seem chill, plus I like your username because it makes me think of Radiohead.

FluffieDuckie

I guess we'll never know what alnilam's name means

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

shwa

yeah I'm a game yeah I play girls
I swear guys, once I get a little more free time I'm going to go through my backlog here and make sure everyone gets nice things said to them :)

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Can someone say something nice about my drawing?

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

super mario batali

Dice-a the Mushroom

blaise rascal posted:

Can someone say something nice about my drawing?

You're drawing's eyes are looking into my soul!

blaise rascal

You're drawing's eyes are looking into my soul!
They are also a little too large and high up, I think

FluffieDuckie

the nice thing i'm going to say is thats a good drawing bc it creeps me out and if i drew a face it wouldn't creep anyone out except how can a grown woman not be able to operate a pencil any better than that

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

MrWillsauce

FluffieDuckie posted:

the nice thing i'm going to say is thats a good drawing bc it creeps me out and if i drew a face it wouldn't creep anyone out except how can a grown woman not be able to operate a pencil any better than that

blaise rascal

FluffieDuckie posted:

lol

Maybe someday I'll learn how to draw cute things instead.

My nice thing to say is that you shouldn't care very much that you can't draw because it does not reflect whether or not you are a good person. I'd much rather have someone friendly, tactful, and funny like you as mod than someone who is kind of lame but who can draw really well. (Also, I don't necessarily think that "creeping people out" makes a drawing good.)

MrWillsauce

the point of art is to make us feel. You, sire, are an artist.

blaise rascal

MrWillsauce posted:

the point of art is to make us feel.
Is it? I feel like the "point of art" is hard to define. For instance, if all that is required for something to be "art" is that it brings about strong emotional feelings in the viewer, then videos depicting torture would have to be considered "art." But I reject them as art. Not trying to be an rear end in a top hat, I just find it to be an interesting topic of conversation.

((back to compliments I guess))

MrWillsauce

dude you're a deep smart guy, that is my compliment. what even is art, man? Dude.

blaise rascal

MrWillsauce posted:

dude you're a deep smart guy, that is my compliment. what even is art, man? Dude.
I mean the torture example was not my idea :P It came from a lecture considering whether or not video games are art (spoiler alert: the guy thinks they are not)
http://www.ludix.com/moriarty/apology.html

My compliment is that you seem like a down-to-earth person. I've posted on byob on-again-off-again since the start of the forum so I can kinda see what style of poster tends to stick around and never get to be at odds with anyone or cause drama, and your posting style reminds me of that.

MrWillsauce

that really made me feel nice inside :shobon:

stupid loving hugbox

Piso Mojado

MrWillsauce posted:

that really made me feel nice inside :shobon:

stupid loving hugbox

*hugging you, in a box...but it's a big box, so it isn't weird or nothing*

clitical hit

hello frend

Twerkteam Pizza

Good guy

FluffieDuckie posted:

Husky dilf is a doctor person so he's probably pretty smart

Kickass mod

Admiral_eX_laX posted:

show me your nice

Good man

Lizard Wizard posted:

i heard there was self-esteem to be gained here

I give you cool points

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I like your style. You've got a strong sense of identity and I admire that!!

Your new avatar is good and you are a very welcoming person!

You are the best combination of aggression and chillness! BYOB wouldn't be the same without you!

You're a sweet lady with good taste in boots!

I like your funny avatar and name and always look forward to reading your posts when I see them!

Good poster

watho

you have a great username

Scaly Haylie

blaise rascal posted:

Is it? I feel like the "point of art" is hard to define. For instance, if all that is required for something to be "art" is that it brings about strong emotional feelings in the viewer, then videos depicting torture would have to be considered "art." But I reject them as art. Not trying to be an rear end in a top hat, I just find it to be an interesting topic of conversation.

((back to compliments I guess))

if my humanities professor to be believed then yes, art is meant to convey an emotion or experience. we may find the idea of videos depicting torture repugnant on many levels, and for good reason, but i do not believe distaste alone can change what something is.

Matoi Ryuko

Chibi Peppers

Lizard Wizard posted:

if my humanities professor to be believed then yes, art is meant to convey an emotion or experience. we may find the idea of videos depicting torture repugnant on many levels, and for good reason, but i do not believe distaste alone can change what something is.

definition of art is largely contextual, trying to establish rigid definitions will probably end in a disaster because emotions are very sujective thing and literally everything can convey them. not to mention philosophical differences (e.g. does art hold an entirely intrinsic value or does it serve a purpose? and if so, how should we judge it?) that will start to pile up if we dig into this. in the end, accepting a torture video as a form art says more about the person doing so than about the video itself.

watho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerkteam Pizza

I'm waiting for compliments

• Locked thread