Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
also chome and failfox decided to use javascript for everything which made things way worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Shaggar posted:

nutscrape
lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
shagger pines for the days of activex

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

internet exploder loving SUCKS!!!!!

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i dont know what any of thismeans

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe
best post in this whole thread

b h m
Feb 13, 2016

tumor looking batty posted:

i dont know what any of thismeans

p tags

b h m
Feb 13, 2016

Id just like to respond to the op: i certainly dooooo

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

remember the semantic web?

what was up with that?

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

Sweevo posted:

remember the semantic web?

what was up with that?

it's now a bunch of micro-formats you can put on your page to prettify your google search listisng

JewKiller 3000
Nov 28, 2006

by Lowtax
internet explorer was real bad and it's still real bad

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shaggar posted:

nope. IE was dragging browsers into the future and its nutscrapes fault everything is so bad.

sometimes i accidentally call firefox "netscape" :blush:

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014

triple sulk posted:

quote this if u used phoenix/firebird or whichever it was called that came first, i forget

beta 0.1 & STILL loving ON IT. what up bitches

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
no but i did use the one that was just called "mozilla"

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

jony ive aces posted:

i started writing html when i was a kid in like 1995 and some document at the time said to use <p> tags at the end of a paragraph like a double <br> with no </p> anywhere

i occasionally help my dad with a site he has and he still does it that way and it's <p> annoying but browsers accept it so w/e

quote:

[Y]ou put in a paragraph break like this. You take a /p and enclose them between less than and greater than symbols:

Like this: </p>

Now, if you're really good you start a paragraph by putting in another of those only without the /.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Roosevelt posted:

someone posted a link a long time ago to a website FAQ page, where each line of text was inside a p tag with the style font-size: larger. but they never put a /p anywhere, so each line was a <p style="font-size: larger;"> child of all the preceding <p style="font-size: larger;"> tags, so by around the 30th line or so the text size was like 500px. that was cool

looks like it got fixed quite recently, but

http://web.archive.org/web/20150220081007/http://sewingandembroiderywarehouse.com/embtrb.htm

scrolling through it is like one of those web pages designed to be a scale model of the solar system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

i dont, gently caress you

• Locked thread