Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Rhythmic Crotch
Jan 13, 2011

The best way to get a job somewhere you don't live is to pick a city where a friend lives, ask if you can "borrow" their address on your resume, and start applying. You can apply directly through the company's website, or you can try your luck with recruiters, whatever. Ask if you can crash on their couch for like a week or two, and line up as many interviews as possible during that time. The reason why the local address is so important is because most companies will not even look at you unless you are local (until you start getting some experience anyway).

Also, I don't know a lot about the statistics field, but my hunch is two things: some cities are going to be hotspots for that field, and you could further enhance your job prospects by taking some Udacity courses in Python or R.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread