Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flynt
Dec 30, 2006
Triggerhappy and gunshy
I have a reputation amongst my friends for getting sick or having stupid things happen during vacation. My most ridiculous trip is def Turkey.

My purse was robbed when I was sleeping on an overnight bus but they at least only took my cash and left me enough to get a taxi. One of the buses I was on was stopped by the Turkish army/police and they checked all the passengers documentation. After they looked at my passport they started asking me angry questions in Turkish but I don't understand Turkish so I kept saying sorry that I didn't understand and trying to make confused facial expressions and eventually they gave up trying to question me. Once I got back to Istanbul I wandered around and ended up in Galata and everything was vandalized! Turns out I was there for the Taksim Square protest in 2013 which was very confusing and a little scary as I had no clue why people were protesting. There was so much tear gas in the air that I would start crying when I was just walking around. Also people kept catcalling me and trying to cop feels on public transportation and that was pretty annoying!

Other incidents include:
New Orleans - Stomach virus during a road trip to New Orleans that started in Gainesville. Puked out of a moving car. Ended up in the ER during Mardi Gras for dehydration without even drinking anything!
Costa Rica - I was hit by a taxi in San Jose. Walked it off.
Vietnam - Slipped in a natural spring and chipped my front tooth :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread