Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

caberham posted:

My worst experience is actually going to West Lafyette Indiana. Everything there is just so weird.

And the bouncers didn't accept my Canadian passport as ID because I didn't have a USA visa stamp. Middle America is just awful.

West Lafayette is actually the greatest place on earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007

birds posted:

This one was all entirely my fault.

I decided on a whim to go for a weekend visit to NYC and stay with a buddy in New Jersey. Landed in Newark late and nearly missed my shuttle to his place which would have hosed up my plans since the train also stopped running and cabs are like what, $100? Manage to have a good weekend and end it with dinner and some drinking before my flight the following morning. Except, guy I'm staying with doesn't have a car and again a cab is out of my budget. My flight leaves at something like 6:30 AM and trains stop running in the middle of the night so my only option besides paying a gently caress ton is taking a train to Newark Penn Station, spending the night there, and waiting for the first train of the day to take me to the airport.

Longest night of my life but I manage to make it to EWR and make my flight. Luckily I'm in first class however spending a night wide awake sitting on the floor of a lovely train station and drinking was not good for my body and I make a dash for the bathroom shortly after takeoff. We probably weren't even above 10,000 feet yet when I did this which probably caused the flight attendant's some concern. I proceed to puke all over the tiny rear end bathroom for 10 minutes. Then I'm forced to spend the rest of the flight all the way to Orange County reeking of vomit.

Poor seatmate.

I got an uber from Newark Airport to Brooklyn for $50 last fall. 45 minute trip and across one of those bridges with like $15 tolls. Unfortunately on the way back I had to deal with Surge pricing and it was actually $100.

• Locked thread