Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
birds
Jun 28, 2008

Day 2 of my trip to Hawaii. Car was broken into in while at Pearl Harbor. A hotel card key was in one one of the bags that were stolen so when we got back to our hotel, we found that the thieves were able to locate our room and take even more stuff. Sucks because we were supposed to continue on to Thailand but our passports were stolen as well. Ended up just going home the next day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birds
Jun 28, 2008

Blackchamber posted:

That really sucks. How did they locate your room do you figure? Your hotel info on a print out in your bags or that some key cards are branded with a hotel's logo... was the room number written on the paper sleeve they hand them to you in or something?

I believe the keys had the name of the hotel printed on them and the thieves just went to the hotel, went to the front desk and pretended to forget what room they were in. Either that or they just tried every single room in the building. At least the hotel comped us a meal.

birds
Jun 28, 2008

This one was all entirely my fault.

I decided on a whim to go for a weekend visit to NYC and stay with a buddy in New Jersey. Landed in Newark late and nearly missed my shuttle to his place which would have hosed up my plans since the train also stopped running and cabs are like what, $100? Manage to have a good weekend and end it with dinner and some drinking before my flight the following morning. Except, guy I'm staying with doesn't have a car and again a cab is out of my budget. My flight leaves at something like 6:30 AM and trains stop running in the middle of the night so my only option besides paying a gently caress ton is taking a train to Newark Penn Station, spending the night there, and waiting for the first train of the day to take me to the airport.

Longest night of my life but I manage to make it to EWR and make my flight. Luckily I'm in first class however spending a night wide awake sitting on the floor of a lovely train station and drinking was not good for my body and I make a dash for the bathroom shortly after takeoff. We probably weren't even above 10,000 feet yet when I did this which probably caused the flight attendant's some concern. I proceed to puke all over the tiny rear end bathroom for 10 minutes. Then I'm forced to spend the rest of the flight all the way to Orange County reeking of vomit.

Poor seatmate.

birds fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Jan 31, 2017

birds
Jun 28, 2008

webmeister posted:

You fly first class but can't afford a cab to/from the airport? :raise:

I booked the flight with miles.

• Locked thread