Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Wasn't really that bad but it fits the theme. We were on a work camping trip a couple years ago in January. The temperature was dropping to close to -60 at night with windchill factored in. The water/chemical in the portapotty froze so all the poo poo was piling up, and almost made it to the rim by the time the week was over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Saladman posted:

On the plus side, poo poo and piss won't smell bad if it's -40. On the minus side, I can't imagine taking a poo poo in an unheated portapotty in -40 or whatever the non-windchill temperature was.
The guy we rented it from put a space heater in there for us. The cold broke the thing. He also taped the vents shut and I got a really bad headache after a visit.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Last summer I was involved in some metal testing of a historic logging camp up near the Canadian border. At some point I got into something that really upset my nose. It ran constantly for hours. Because we came in on a boat there wasn't much I could do but walk around on the rocky beach to get some relief from whatever it was. I brought Zyrtec with which usually gets me through whatever I encounter but that didn't do much. I got an expired Sudafed from my teacher which also didn't help. That night we drove over to a resteraunt/store and I bought some generic benadryl which finally calmed things down.

Similarly I got off a flight once and my nose started running and wouldn't stop. We still had a 3 hour van ride to get home so once I'd used up all the kleenex in the van I had to take a sock out of my luggage and hold that to my nose for the rest of the trip. That was pretty pathetic feeling.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Spaced God posted:

The next cruise someone who was at the dinner table next to ours got in a fight with his girlfriend and jumped off. We felt bad for our wait staff because they told us everyone knew but didn't know what to say to the remaining family
Did he die or did they never find the body?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'd rather have that than accidentally making GBS threads my pants.

• Locked thread