Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

I was in San Cristobal de las Casas in Mexico with my girlfriend, we'd booked this really cool sounding tour to see some of the indigenous culture and local area with a guy who was well respected and knew everyone - we were really looking forward to it. Went for some pizza the night before and I woke up needing the toilet a few times, and couldn't manage breakfast in the morning but felt OK. On the drive into the hills I felt a bit weird but it passed - it happened again so I got out to be sick. Ended up fainting behind the car, banged the trunk as I fell over, and collapsed on the side of the road. A local dude saw me and him and the tour guide carried me back to the car, and the guide proceeded to race back into town to a private clinic, hitting a stray dog on the way.

Once in the clinic they tried to give me fluids but my veins closed up and they spent the most painful 20 mins of my life trying to get an IV line into my arm. They gave up after 3 separate needles bent. While sipping rehydration drinks and feeling slightly better my girlfriend started to get ill, so it was my turn to look after her. I think we got it from our dinner, it ruined pizza for me for about 3 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lady Gaza
Nov 20, 2008

I once took an overnight bus in Vietnam (16 hours I think), the chair was far too small and I couldn't rest my head, plus I had the air con unit (that didn't work) leaking in my head all night preventing any sleep. That was horrible but I can't imagine that 27 hour trip :o

• Locked thread