Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Ah travelling in Indonesia! My partner had a work conference in Yogyakarta so we went together and made a long weekend of it. We couldn't fly direct from Sydney so had to fly to Jakarta first then get a domestic connection.
Our bags got checked to the final destination, we got off our international flight at Jakarta but couldn't transfer through to domestic flights without having our luggage scanned at security. Except our luggage hadn't been returned to us because it was checked through as a transfer.
We, along with a bunch of other Aussie transfers, had to go back to the baggage hall and have a chat with the Indonesian baggage handlers through the flaps covering the belt where the baggage belt enters the public side. Imagine a lot of Indonesian men squatting, smoking cigarettes surrounded by luggage on one side. Then imagine a lot of Aussies needing to connect to other flights and needing their bags NOW waving baggage tags at them and shouting their names, flight numbers and final destinations to these guys who had limited english. Utter confusion and chaos sorting out who's bag was who's and getting them to pass you the right suitcase.
We retrieved our bags, ran through security to our gate to find that our connecting flight was delayed. And at a different gate. It's Indonesia. The flight to Yogyakarta was delayed 3 times and changed gates twice more. It was normal, all domestic flights were delayed and had frequent gate changes.
My flight home (on my own) was via Bali, the pilot had to take 2 tries to land the plane there as he overshot the runway the first time.
At least you can hit the bar at Denpasar airport and drink wine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread