Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
--While on study abroad in college, my college girlfriend (also studying abroad) and I went on a central Europe train tour over Christmas break. Rome was one of our stops, and on our last day there we were cutting it close to our departure to Milan so I ran ahead to our hostel to get our stuff and told her to meet me on the train platform. I get to the platform, no sign of her, I wait around thinking she had gotten lost and the train takes off. "No big deal" I think, we have passes so we can just get the next relevant train. I start looking for her, and two hours later I'm having a full-on panny because not only have I not found her, I realize she had my train pass and my passport on her. Also no one in Rome speaks anything besides Italian. Eventually I find someone who can speak Italian and a language I know (German, at least at the time) and she starts helping me sort things out when my GF calls, having gotten on the train without me, then having gotten off halfway somewhere, dipped in to an internet cafe, and called my German cell # which, bless her heart, she had memorized. Two hours later she's back, we jump on a train together and collapse when we finally make it to Milan.

--I spent an hour or so making GBS threads my guts out on a little boat off the coast of Pattaya while visiting my girlfriend's (same one) family in Thailand. Really choppy waters that day too, or at least it felt like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread