Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

I travelled a lot with my family while growing up, so I had a few... interesting experiences over the years. A lot of these happened when we were used to take cruises.

On my first cruise, I got an inner ear infection and had to go to the sick bay to get overpriced antibiotics. Apparently someone had died of a heart attack that morning, so young Spaced God was getting checked out on a table with a body bag poorly hidden behind a sheet. That was fun.

The next cruise someone who was at the dinner table next to ours got in a fight with his girlfriend and jumped off. We felt bad for our wait staff because they told us everyone knew but didn't know what to say to the remaining family

One cruise my dad had a seizure and we had to be hastily medivaced to Belize City when it was on lockdown due to a gang war. Driving through a gang war with an ambulance driver who has no idea where he's going while your dad is seizing up is not a fun experience. Getting stopped at a checkpoint with guns pointed at you while you get searched is also not fun. We got stuck in a hotel with a bunch of NYU sorority girls, so at least we got a lot of sympathy attention :v: (plus my dad was okay, which is even better). That experience pretty much poisoned the well for cruises though, so now we have property in Antigua, which is not known for gang violence... I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Casimir Radon posted:

Did he die or did they never find the body?

I don't think they ever found him, so I also assume that he died since we were a couple hundred miles from the nearest land.

• Locked thread