Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel
I once got food poisoning the night before a 26 hour flight from BKK to JFK. Sat down on the flight (which left at like 7AM), and promptly started violently puking into one of those bags to the delight of the passengers sitting next to me. I bee-lined to the toilet where my traveling companion had to convince the stewardess not to quarantine me because I just had too much to drink the night before. Spent 5-6 hours to Tokyo dry heaving in the bathroom. Spent the 14 hours from NRT to JFK in a post-traumatic state watching Disney movies and trying to crawl into the fetal position (though I couldn't).

Earlier on the same trip (it was a two month between job solo travel through Asia) I also got food poisoning on the Nepal/India frontier and had to shack up in this dump of a guesthouse that had intermittent electricity. I spent a good day and a half by myself in a delusional fever state feeling like I was Marlon Brando from Apocalypse Now as the fan went on and off in like 100 degree heat.

I also once got what felt like dysentery while climbing Mt. Kilimanjaro. This led to altitude sickness at the summit (due to dehydration), and the eventual making GBS threads of my pants at that night's camp. Let me tell you, making GBS threads your pants in the middle of the African jungle when you only have two sets of clothes is not a fun experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread