Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

bringmyfishback posted:

The whole time, men are yelling pervy poo poo at me on the street and offering my dad camels for my lovely hand in marriage. At this point, I believe my father would happily have surrendered me for any number of camels.

Ditto. I was 12 and my mom was offered "100 camels" and "as many camels as you want" for me. Much scarier in Egypt: Taking a photo of a random guard/police guy on top of a roof from the tour bus and him subsequently drawing his large gun at us. That's a fun photo.

Oh, leaving Egypt, we all boarded the plane, but just sat on the tarmac as scary looking dudes with walkie talkies ran up and down the aisles for 2 hours. Moved off the plane into a tiny room in the airport. Sat for a few hours until a new plane came. That is not a fun airport to sit in, especially shoved into a little room with 150 other people. Missed our connecting flight in NYC, got put up in a lovely hotel and when we pulled the bedspread off the bed, it had a giant blood stain on it. Like, murdered or gave birth on it or something. It was 3am so we used towels to cover up.

I got mono in London once too, I was in high school. Fell asleep during Les Mis, then couldn't leave the hotel for the rest of the trip with the worst sore throat ever. Mom got me major antibiotics (without having to see a doctor!) and pumped me full of them thinking it was strep. The last night, I went on some dinner cruise on the Thames, and ended up crying for 30 minutes in the bathroom for no real reason. Went straight from the dock to St. Joseph's hospital. Sat around in triage for a couple hours with homeless people. Saw a doctor, she exclaimed "it's green in there!" when she looked in my throat. Determined I was ok to fly home the next day. Missed going to Stonehendge on Easter Sunday which would have been funny. Once I got home, I got a raging yeast infection from those massive amounts of pointless antibiotics! Thanks mom.

Got food poisoning on a cruise, but that's kind of normal for cruises

One time in college I flew to Des Moines and didn't realize it was Iowa caucuses time. My return flight just happened to be the same same time every single media person wanted to leave too. Missed my flight, spent 8 hours in the airport. meh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread