Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
Trip to and from Thailand
- My flight was late from RNO to SFO, and my plane to South Korea left without me. I had the runaround with both airline companies for about an hour, before one of them finally put me on an emergency exit seat (so super spacious) to Tokyo. I sat next to a giant weeaboo but it was all good.
- Lost or got my ATM card stolen without me noticing a couple weeks into my 3 month stay in Thailand. Such a hassle. I was living on a single meal a day of 30 baht soups sold outside a nearby 7-11 at night for about 1.5 weeks. I ended up convincing a local Thai bank to open an account for me so I could wire money to it. I think it may be illegal that they opened an account but I'm not 100% sure. No money was stolen luckily. Also lucky was that I prepaid my reservations. My host family loaned me 10,000 baht to help out as well.
- On the day I was supposed to leave via HKT (Phuket airport) to South Korea, HKT was closed for maintenance for 2 days meaning every flight was cancelled (second world countries I guess :confused:). I ended up overstaying my reservation at my bungelow by 2 days, but for the inconvenience they put me on a business class flight to South Korea when it reopened.
- Once I got to South Korea (I was there for a transfer flight only) more problems arose. Because my round trip ticket was now 2 days expired, I was temporarily stuck in a country that had an administrative office person that knew no English which was a serious problem. It took 6 hours for them to finally figure out that the airport was closed from my destination, so it was necessary for them to give me a ticket back home. The next flight to SFO was something like 12 hours out. I ended up sleeping in a bathroom stall for 4 hours (I was worried my luggage would get stolen, I don't know much about South Korea) and then on a terminal bench for another 4, and I still had to sit for more 4 hours at the airport.
- I finally boarded the plane, and I had a ~12 hour flight with a 1-2 year old toddler sitting next to me. Luckily the little guy was awesome and I gave him my pillow and he was quiet and talkative with me the whole time until he fell asleep.

Trip from Hawaii
- Spilled an entire can of soda onto my socks 1 hour after leaving Hawaii so over the Pacific. I had something like 8-9 hours of flight left and my socks and shoes were completely soaked and sticky the entire night flight. It wasn't fun trying to sleep.
- Sat in LAX for 6 hours after acclimating to Hawaiian weather with sticky socks and shoes.

I've gotten lucky with traveler's diarrhea. Even months of eating sketchy street food and weeks of eating a heavy fruit diet I'm not sure that I got it, or if I did maybe for a night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread