Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Not mine exactly but my husband found out his mom died two hours before we had to leave for the airport for a 15 hour flight to New Zealand.

After which we were continuing on to Australia to go visit his mom...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The first time I got kidney stones was in the morning in Latrabjarg, Iceland

Driving up to Isafjodur and going to the hospital there probably would have been a good idea, but I didn't know what it was, all I knew is that I felt like I had to pee a whole lot, and we were driving back to Reykjavik anyway that day. So my husband drove as the pain got progressively worse.

Eventually, probably somewhere around Borgarnes, I can't remember exactly, the pain got so bad that while my husband filled up the car with gas I went into the bathroom and puked my guts out, entirely out of pain. I eventually left the bathroom and lay down on the concrete road for like 15 minutes wishing I was dead until I finally climbed back into the car and passed out most of the rest of the way to Reykjavik.

When we got back to Reykjavik we went to the emergency room, the nurse gave me an injection of some miracle narcotic and I got to have a lie down for like 6 hours while they did blood work, gave me a CT scan, and then sent me back to the hotel with a prescription for codeine.

edit: I also got super sick on the plane to Tokyo once and puked all over myself on the bus on the way to the hotel once we'd landed.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
The only time I've ever gotten the shits on vacation was at a fancy-rear end burger place in Auckland. And I have eaten at some sketchy, sketchy places.

My husband got really bad gastro from a creperie in Paris though, it must have been the chicken since that was the only thing in his crepe that wasn't in mine. He couldn't leave the apartment for three days, it was too risky.

• Locked thread