Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Well, it seems like everyone has a food poisoning story, so...

I don't know whether I got food poisoning technically speaking, or just really brutal Mexican food from this place in Ft. Lauderdale. What I do know is that everything ended really badly, and gently caress Montreal airport for not having a bathroom before customs. I was feet away, dammit! So close, and yet so very far...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
How many non-terrible stories ever started with "I/we got on a bus?"

Maybe 1% of all stories that start that way? If you're lucky.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Mr Shiny Pants posted:

Lot of people got the shits it seems. One thing I've come to appreciate when travelling is Coca Cola, if I eat anything that I don't really trust I'll just have a Coke with it and 9 times out of 10 it will work out.

Coke will kill any bacteria it seems.

To be fair, I got the shits from a restaurant in Ft. Lauderdale that was fairly upscale and recommended by family. You can get the shits anywhere, you just have to hope airplane travel isn't on the schedule for that day.

If liquor didn't kill whatever caused it, I doubt Coke would stand a chance.

EDIT: I have either bad or amazing luck, depending on how you look at it. I'll eat questionable poo poo all the time and never have a problem with it. I've got food poisoning from upscale and/or famous restaurants on three or four occasions, only once from a slightly dodgy place (which, nonetheless, I used to eat at several times per month).

PT6A fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Sep 22, 2016

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Picnic Princess posted:

'Here' is San Pedro on Ambergris Caye, a small island off the coast of Belize. To get here, I booked a flight on TropicAir, which flies a few different types of Cessna aircraft. I positioned myself close to the counter because it was open seating and I wanted to be directly behind the pilot. I was expecting a plane like this:

They called our flight number and I was first in line. I waited patiently but excitedly, because I'm planning on making a film about my experience here and I wanted the best footage I could get. Then a man comes up to me and asks "Miss Princess?" Me: "Yes". "We're going to put you on a private plane, it will be about 5 minutes.

WHAT.

I don't know how it happened, but it did. I ended up sitting in the front seat of this and fly to a tiny tropical island in the middle of a barrier reef:

Which is just about one of the coolest things to ever happen to me! The footage I shot was amazing! I had picked up a sim card with data and was snapchatting like crazy! There was one other person on the plane, and we got to chatting a bunch and ended up exchanging info, so I already have a friend here. All that poo poo I went through was worth it just for that experience!

Except that in all my excitement I managed to lose my passport. It's probably on the floor of the plane. I'm currently waiting for word on if it's been found, and hopefully my luggage will arrive before I'm set to head to my next destination about 18 hours from now.

That's been the last 24 hours of my life. It's been quite an adventure.

The floors on Cessna 172s attract important papers and other things like a magnet attracts metal, I'm convinced.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Modest Mouse cover band posted:

Trip from Hawaii
- Spilled an entire can of soda onto my socks 1 hour after leaving Hawaii so over the Pacific. I had something like 8-9 hours of flight left and my socks and shoes were completely soaked and sticky the entire night flight. It wasn't fun trying to sleep.
- Sat in LAX for 6 hours after acclimating to Hawaiian weather with sticky socks and shoes.

I've seen people take their shoes and socks off on the plane for no reason at all, did you consider that?

• Locked thread