Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Latest video(s): GCPD Lockdown/Polsy

Catwoman's Revenge/Polsy

Previous Bat-LPs: Arkham Asylum - Arkham City - Arkham Origins

By contractual obligation, it's time for Batman: Arkham Knight!

It's six months after the closure of Arkham City. The Joker is dead, the crime rate is down, and everything is...quiet. Halloween is coming up, and aside from Calendar Man maybe doing his thing, what's to worry about?

Arkham Knight is the hotly awaited sequel to Arkham City. Rocksteady is back at the helm as developers, Kevin Conroy is back as Batman, and the system is as solid as ever. Combat has been revamped, the Batmobile is a thing, and Gotham is larger than ever. Not everything went off without a hitch. The game had one of the highest profile botched PC releases in quite a while, and the new mechanics are not universally loved. Luckily I'm playing on PS4 this time around so I can avoid at least one of those. I enjoy this game, I'm decent at the combat (not as much as in Arkham City, but eh), and I will finish this series.

The usual policies apply. I'll be doing 100%, I'll go through the DLCs, and :siren:NO SPOILERS:siren:. I'd prefer not to even have those winks and nods and "oh man just wait until". I assume some people are either coming into this without having played it or as Bat-virgins. Let's keep the dream alive, huh? Feel free to talk about earlier games though, they're done with.

Videos

Full Playlist

Typical Halloween/Polsy/GEMA Approved!

A Busy Night/Polsy

The Clothes Make The (Bat)Man/Polsy

Previously, in Blüdhaven.../Polsy

The Bat-Curse of ACE Chemicals/Polsy

The Predictable Cliffhanger/Polsy

Trouble In Bat-Paradise/Polsy

Fighting Firefighter Fighters/Polsy

Batman In Wonderland/Polsy

Back On The Trail/Polsy

Taking Back Miagani/Polsy

A Real Scorcher/Polsy

Just Riddler Things/Polsy

The Shadow War/Polsy

Knight Night/Polsy

The Blüdhaven Assist/Polsy

Stagg Airlines/Polsy

World's Best Boss/Polsy

A Matter Of Family/Polsy

Earning Your Wings/Polsy

Going Off-Script/Polsy

It's Easy As A-P-C/Polsy

Screwing Around, Mostly/Polsy

Under The Surface/Polsy

Full City Access/Polsy

Tanking Sucks/Polsy

The Dent Fixer/Polsy

Second Time In Theaters/Polsy

So That Happened/Polsy

The Original Dynamic Duo/Polsy

Clipping Plot Threads/Polsy

Riddle Me That/Polsy

The Man Who Was Bat/Polsy

This Little Pyggie/Polsy

City Of Fear/Polsy

The Silver Lining/Polsy

In From The Cold/Polsy

Breaking (Limbs) And Entering/Polsy

Unmasked/Polsy

A Cult. Why Not?/Polsy

An Assault Or Two/Polsy

Unmasked 2: Electric Boogaloo/Polsy

Everyone Is Wrong/Polsy

Disappointment/Polsy

Recognizance/Polsy

Bargaining/Polsy

Denial/Polsy

Acceptance/Polsy

Audio Tapes/Polsy

Extras and Errata/Polsy

The Red Hood/Polsy

Flip of a Coin/Polsy

GCPD Lockdown/Polsy

Catwoman's Revenge/Polsy

Races

Race 1: 1966 - Penguin Dockyard/Polsy

Race 2: 1989 - Joker Parade/Polsy

Race 3: 2008 - Ashes/Polsy

Race 4: 1966 - Batcave Set/Polsy

Race 5: 1989 - Cobblepot's Causeway/Polsy

Race 6: 2008 - Cataclysm/Polsy

Race 7: 2016 - Batmobile Proving Ground/Polsy

Race 8: 2016 - Waynetech Loop/Polsy

Scarecrow Nightmare

Scarecrow Nightmare 1/Polsy

Scarecrow Nightmare 2/Polsy

Scarecrow Nightmare 3/Polsy

Challenge Maps

Combat: Gotham Knights/Polsy

Predator: Revive And Shine/Polsy

Combat: Azrael's Atonement/Polsy

Predator: Terminal Velocity/Polsy

Combat: Combo Master/Polsy

Predator: Smash And Grab/Polsy

dscruffy1 fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Gotham City Stories

Cargo 1 2 3
Fixation 1 2 3
Wonder Tower 1 2 3
Just Jack 1 2 3
Poison Chalice 1 2 3
False Dawn 1 2 3
Showtime 1 2 3
On The Prowl 1 2 3
White Noise 1 2 3
Keep Your Friends Close 1 2 3
Taking Out The Trash 1 2 3
Legacy 1 2 3
Change Of Heart 1 2 3
Lab Rat 1 2 3
Prodigal 1 2 3
Fallout 1 2 3
The Trap 1 2 3
Power Play 1 2 3
Burn Notice 1 2 3
Social Outcast 1 2 3
Down The Rabbit Hole 1 2 3
Critter 1 2 3
Masquerade 1 2 3
Contingency 1 2 3
The Mission 1 2 3
Resolutions 1 2 3
Dollotron 1 2 3
Faithful Servant 1 2 3
Homecoming 1 2 3
Frozen Out 1 2 3
Payback 1 2 3
Revenant 1 2 3
Scar Tissue 1 2 3
Guardian Angel 1 2 3
The Fall 1 2 3
A Close Shot With Deadshot 1 2 3
Office Romance 1 2 3
The Demon's Head 1 2 3
Visiting Hours 1 2 3
Wallflower 1 2 3

Showcase Images

1966 Batman
1966 Robin
1966 Catwoman
1966 Combat Batmobile
1966 Race Batmobile
1989 Batman
1989 Race Batmobile
2016 Batman
Classic Harley

Profiles

Batman
Information - Bio - Attributes

The man of the hour. Gotham's in some pretty deep poo poo this time, and he's here to clean up the streets.

Bruce Wayne

Still a better disguise than Clark Kent. Supplies a lot of good poo poo to GCPD.

Scarecrow

Finished the job Killer Croc started on his face. Voiced by John Noble, a.k.a. that guy from Fringe!

Commissioner Gordon

Seems to have lost muscle mass since Arkham Asylum. Probably out of his depth.

Oracle

Commissioner Gordon's daughter, Barbara Gordon. Still crippled. Still smart as hell. Has a thing with Robin.

Alfred

The Wayne family butler. Not as sassy as he could be, sadly, but still absolutely loyal.

Poison Ivy

Not very interested in Scarecrow's plan. Not very interested in these dumb meat sacks either.

Aaron Cash

Still the baddest rear end. Properly working at GCPD. Could probably take care of Scarecrow single...handedly.

The Riddler

Delightfully neurotic this time around. Less Jigsaw, more unhinged.

Jack Ryder

Rarely has so much :smug: been captured in one picture.

Lucius Fox

The source of all of Batman's wonderful toys.

Robin

We're still on Robin #3, Tim Drake. He is dating Barbara, as compared to it being Dick Grayson in comic continuity.

Arkham Knight

And then there's this guy. Has a game named after him. Knows Bat-things.

Joker

If you don't know him in this series by now then UHHHH I don't know what to tell you.

Christina Bell

Joker's obsession with Batman, taken to an extreme.

Johnny Charisma

Joker's sense of showmanship, taken to an extreme.

Albert King

Joker's violence and sadism, taken to an extreme.

Henry Adams

Joker's...wait, this guy seems pretty normal. Joker's cure?

Chief Underhill

The missing Fire Chief of Station 17. Seems to be a big hit with his fellow firefighters.

Catwoman

A damsel in distress. How empowering!

Kirk and Francine Langstrom

I feel like WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE is an accurate description of a lot of Batman's villains.

Firefly

He's back, he's still on fire, and he's still flinging around puns.

Penguin

Still rocking the broken-bottle-in-his-eyesocket chic from Arkham City.

Nightwing

Batman Junior! Don't call him that though. He'll get pretty pissed off.

Simon Stagg

CEO of Stagg Pharmaceuticals. A people company!

Two-Face

Duality, coin flips, scarred face, you know the story by now. He's robbing banks!

Batgirl

Before the fall, you might say. This game would probably be better if she was in it more, that DLC was pretty good.

Harley Quinn

Shockingly competent after Joker's left the scene. Maybe someone was holding her back?

Jason Todd

Probably the most disliked Robin, considering he was voted off. I still think Stephanie Brown did a worse job.

Hush

Well that went quickly. HI HUSH BYE HUSH

Azrael

That could have gone worse, really!

Manbat

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DOOOOOONE

Professor Pyg

It's like someone looked at Mr. Zsasz and said "we can do better". I'd say he's cut your skin off and wear it kind of creepy, but Batman already has one of those villains.

Red Hood

Everyone who knows some stuff about Batman probably saw this one coming.

Deacon Blackfire

Callouts to C-listers like this guy are something I've always liked about the Arkham series.

Deathstroke

He's back. Don't get your hopes up.

Thomas and Martha Wayne

Still dead.

Vicki Vale

I guess this qualifies as a cameo? She's pretty much just there for the ending and...that's it.

dscruffy1 fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 20, 2016

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

FicusArt posted:

And by 100% do you mean what the game defines as 100% or everything with a completion percentage attached? Cause I noticed you have a file at 103%

The 103% is from partially doing New Game+, I'll be doing 100% on a basic New Game.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

So are you going to be doing all the DLC post-game, or sprinkling it in where appropriate, since one or two bits take place before the game? Also, any chance of going over the intro again when the game is done and pointing out all the foreshadowing? There's a few bits that will be obvious to most, but I'd be interested to see what else is in there.

I'll be tossing in some of the DLC as it's appropriate, otherwise most of it takes place post-game. No promises on the intro part, it seems easy to do but I seem to get bizarrely exhausted of games once I've finished the actual gameplay in them. At least, the gameplay as far as I plan on doing it for LP purposes.

Waffleman_ posted:

It's Gotham City, they're probably used to stuff like this happening.

I would think this is the answer, especially considering stuff from the comics. No Man's Land comes to mind.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Discendo Vox posted:

Does your spoiler policy encompass earlier games in the series?

Nah, go for it on earlier games. I've got those linked in the OP so if people don't want to get spoiled on that they should probably check those out first. If they somehow aren't already familiar.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Nuramor posted:

Video not available in Germany :(

I have to assume it's because of GEMA. The opening strains have a portion of Frank Sinatra and there's a bit of copyrighted music later as well. I'm currently living in Germany and I can probably watch it because it's my video :v: Let me see what I can do once I get home from work.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Maybe I'll just do what that guy who got a copyright claim on a Guitar Hero FC run of Bark At The Moon did. But with karaoke!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Tiggum posted:

Um, yeah? Is "your parents are always the people who teach you to drive" a thing? :confused:

It's because the super-powers are explained in the story. We know that people with those powers can't exist in real life, but the story gives a reason for why they can exist in this universe. It doesn't have to be a good reason, we just need something to tell us why this person is not normal. But the regular criminals supposedly are normal people and we're not given any reason to explain how they manage to survive things that should kill normal people. When the story says "This guy survived falling off a building because of super-science/magic/whatever" we go "OK, that's the reason." When that reason is absent it makes us question it.

Learning to drive from your parents is frequently a thing but not always, no. I think the "not his parents" thing just tickled a few funny bones, which is okay! It's also okay to not get a kick out of it!

Some things that crop up in this game are less "they managed to survive" and more "this was a poor decision with an unexpected outcome". It will be demonstrated later, and I am so excited!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Lord_Magmar posted:

I personally think that when you get in the car you should get a city-wide radio message from a crime boss to get in doors because Batman is out driving. Thus you don't run into the running over people problem because all the crooks have hidden in doors, the car chasing still gets awkward but the tank drones work pretty well in theory.

I could get this, but one of the complaints about Arkham Origins is that the city is practically deserted despite being so big. It made sense in Arkham City since the area was walled off for prisoners only, but Arkham Origins was still "hey people live here". Their excuse was HEY IT'S A BIG BLIZZARD NORMAL PEOPLE ARE INSIDE but still. Personally I like having the mooks out and about and rioting, it fits thematically within the game and makes the city actually feel like something is going on, everything is going to hell.

I can't think of a better way to figure out hitting people with the car though. People would complain if you couldn't do it at all, guaranteed. The games have always required a suspension of disbelief, like throwing mooks into the bottomless pits of Arkham Asylum or leaving them facedown in the snow with severe injuries in Arkham City/Origins. At a certain point you just have to accept it and laugh when someone is clearly probably dead. This will come up in the next video!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Nuramor posted:

Yes. Yes, please do. :D

Good news, sufferers of GEMA everywhere! I've made a copy of the first video, but it's got me singing instead of Frank Sinatra.

GEMA Approved!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Driving school isn't mandatory in the US, so for us you've got to learn somewhere. I was surprised with how many driving schools I've run into since I got to Germany.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Speedball posted:

"Rubber bullets. Honest."

Fun fact: they're called Slam Rounds in game!

Anyway it's time to start getting busy (doing sidequests)

A Busy Night/Polsy

New profiles: The Riddler, Jack Ryder, Lucius Fox

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Based on what I'm seeing from the thread so far it sounds like a good chunk of people haven't seen this game before.

I am so looking forward to having the story play out.

CuwiKhons posted:

Edit - I'm disappointed in you for not getting the REC immediately.

I'm planning on getting it during the second trip to the precinct. I HAVE MY REASONS.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Part of the take I get on it is you have to consider them in light of their villains. Superman is pretty much impervious almost by definition. How do you challenge him? Sure, you can punch things harder. You can make Doomsday specifically to kill him. The take that comes to mind for me is that Lex Luthor thinks humans shouldn't be beaten by an alien. What does it say about humans that the best person to express "humanity" isn't a human? :v: It's also important to consider him in context of his creators. Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster were children of Jewish immigrants and Superman was created during the buildup to World War 2.

To consider Batman in the context of his enemies, he's a man surrounded by insanity. Pretty much literally. There's a weird thrill for me at least in seeing Batman have crazy plans upon plans worthy of taking down every superhero he knows in case they go rogue. Hell, it fuels Batman vs Doctor Doom debates. Given a tragic backstory and a shitload of money, a guy made sufficient use out of his means to be a threat to literally everyone ever. Given his self-set limitations (NO KILLING), how does he avoid stepping over the line in the face of tangible insanity? It started off as a one-man war on crime against run of the mill mobsters and just escalated from there. I think some of the better Batman stories either look at whether or not Batman DOES make things worse by simply existing, or look into that he might belong in Arkham Asylum too.

But yeah, I enjoy Bat-conversations about how Superman is a doof. Carry on!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Thesaya posted:

I am guessing that there was a reason for painting everything yellow?

Modern Green Lanterns can't affect the color yellow. It's why Sinestro and Yellow Lanterns are typically their arch-enemy.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Time for a wardrobe upgrade.

The Clothes Make The (Bat)Man/Polsy

New profiles: Robin

Race 1: 1966 - Penguin Dockyard/Polsy

Also this is the first of the BATMOBILE RACES that came as DLC. And man oh man do I love 1966 Batman.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Yvonmukluk posted:

And I told you I'm not interested in the diegetic explanation. I'm not interested in the game's justifications of it, I want to know why the writers made that choice in the first place.

:iiam:

The game series has its own internal continuity. I can think of a reason for why it's Robin and not Nightwing but it'd be spoilers at this point.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I know I said I'd be going into ACE chemicals but uhhh I lied

It's one of the Arkham Episodes, and this one takes place before the events of Arkham Knight, I figured I'd shove it in here why not. ACE CHEMICALS IS UP NEXT I PROMISE

Previously, in Blüdhaven.../Polsy

Race 2: 1989 - Joker Parade/Polsy

Here's the first race in the second of the racetrack packs, featuring scenery and music from Tim Burton's Batman and Batman Returns.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

CzarChasm posted:

Are there actual themed Bat-costumes to go with the Batmobiles?

Why yes. Yes there are. I'll take some screenshots and post them with the next update.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
The Bat-Curse of ACE Chemicals/Polsy

New profiles: Arkham Knight

Race 3: 2008 - Ashes/Polsy

Behold! The title drop! Also uhh the 2008 tracks are kinda meh. 1966 and 1989 for life.

Here's a bunch of shots from the showcase, where it points out that some Batmobiles can't be used in story mode since you have to be able to go into tank mode. That also applies to the 2008 Tumbler, which doesn't have a tank mode. Despite looking like it really should. Also I got a screenshot of the BATMAN VS SUPERMAN SKIN which is the 2016 one.

1966 Batman
1966 Robin
1966 Catwoman
1966 Combat Batmobile
1966 Race Batmobile
1989 Batman
1989 Race Batmobile
2016 Batman
Classic Harley

dscruffy1 fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 2, 2016

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

CuwiKhons posted:

Really? I was actually just going to say that I really liked that the track had you bowling through poo poo and breaking through walls because the Tumbler is more of a tank than other Batmobiles. It just feels more powerful.

It might be that I didn't like the 2008 movies as much. Not to mention the music cue of "just keep playing violins frantically" pales in comparison to the other two. There's nothing wrong with the racetrack itself and slamming through stuff is great! But I feel like the other two packs work better.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

bewilderment posted:

So, uh, Scruffy, is there a reason you left the giant flashing LEVEL UP indicator up on the top of the screen for the entire video?

It's been the only complaint I've ever had with these great LPs.

Part of it this time around is that it takes a while for the points to get up to where I have enough that I actually want to use them. Some of the higher end upgrades take 8 points. Maybe it feels like stopping just to remove the indicator feels sloppy. The other part is that sometimes I just don't see it, or I've interrupted it at some point to look at something else. In the playthrough I did shortly before this I had 28 points to use, so I might be bad at getting upgrades :v:

It'll take me a few videos because I've recorded ~4 more in advance but I'll work on keeping the level up flashing to a minimum.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Thunderfinger posted:

After having seen the Asylum and City LPs I am going through the Arkham Origins LP and for whatever reason, episode 9 will not load for me at all. The two videos before and after work just fine except for that one. Is there something you can do about that?

I'll see if I can reupload a copy of it. No promises though!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Pretty much everyone who's played this game before knows exactly where this episode is going to end.

The Predictable Cliffhanger/Polsy

Race 4: 1966 - Batcave Set/Polsy

This race is PRETTY HARD YOU GUYS. Took me about half an hour of attempts to get this run.

Thunderfinger posted:

After having seen the Asylum and City LPs I am going through the Arkham Origins LP and for whatever reason, episode 9 will not load for me at all. The two videos before and after work just fine except for that one. Is there something you can do about that?

I uploaded a copy here. Give it a shot! Otherwise I'm not sure what else I can do.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

So I didn't see it asked before but what effect does powersliding have on your timer? It goes green while you're doing it but I couldn't see any noticeable effect on the timer?

So the timer actually slows down while you're in powerslide. Sometimes it will just flash because it's a really quick tap of the brake but if you're actually drifting it's slower. The last curve in the first 1966 race is a good example for that.

e: I think it slows it down around half time, maybe even a third. One second in powerslide slowdown is about 3 realtime seconds.

dscruffy1 fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 4, 2016

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Good news! Joker is explained! Poorly! And I continue to be absolutely thrilled by the predictions I'm seeing in this thread.

Trouble In Bat-Paradise/Polsy

New profile(s): Joker, Christina Bell, Albert King, Johnny Charisma, Henry Adams

New stories: Cargo

Race 5: 1989 - Cobblepot's Causeway/Polsy

Also I just want to take a moment to quote something from the Arkham Origins thread, because reading it in hindsight is kinda funny.

thetrueoskar posted:

I wonder how they're going to bring Joker back for it THIS time. since as far as I know, it's after City chronologically? I've narrowed it down to three possibilities in ascending badness (since we all know they're going to bring him back):

1. Guilt over technically killing him splits Batman into three personalities instead of just two, Bruce, Batman, and Joker, and he pops up as a voice in the back of his head (which, admittedly, would explain why Batman is using GUNS AND EXPLOSIVES, but unless it's well done, would feel like a shoehorned thing).

2. Scarecrow comes back after the teaser ending of City, with a new, improved Fear Toxin, gets the drop on Batman somehow, and the normal antidote doesn't work. Batman hallucinates Joker over guilt. Deals with it by realizing he's creating problems, stops being Batman. (Would be a nice end to the series, and let them reboot the continuity again, at least?)

3. They retcon the blood he donated in City with some kind of... I dunno, undetectable Joker DNA thing? as some master plan he secretly had all along, and everyone who got blood (despite being cured) starts turning into him with... oh, please don't introduce Joker nanomachines. Then the final boss fight is against 50 Jokers.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Posting this a little bit early 'cause I got places to be.

Fighting Firefighter Fighters/Polsy

New profile(s): Chief Underhill

New stories: Fixation, Wonder Tower, Just Jack, Poison Chalice

Race 6: 2008 - Cataclysm/Polsy

For those of you who are angry about the Joker popping up and comic book science and all the other crap, bear with me. I for one like the way Joker is used here, when I was first playing he didn't feel as obtrusive as in Arkham City and Arkham Origins.

There's SO much more in this game to get angry about. Trust me, we'll get there.

dscruffy1 fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Mar 8, 2016

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Kurieg posted:

Your links are still pointing at Episode 7.

Whoops. Fixed it.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Yvonmukluk posted:

I thought it was just Deadshot, and he probably only got released to get drafted into the Suicide Squad.

Deadshot popped up in Arkham Origins: Blackgate as a boss, which was mostly used as something of a Suicide Squad setup game. It's where they picked up Deadshot because he's a marksman who ALMOST KILLED BATMAN, Bronze Tiger who NEARLY BEAT BATMAN HAND TO HAND, and tried to pick up Bane but that A: didn't work out and B: probably would have been a terrible idea but Suicide Squad also seems like a terrible idea so :confuoot:

Let's just pretend that game never existed, unless Batman: Arkham Sucide Squad becomes a thing. In which case maybe I'll have to run through that too.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Oh hey the Mad Hatter has been relegated to DLC this time. He's still a creepy poo poo but it's pretty good.

Batman In Wonderland/Polsy

New stories: False Dawn

Race 7: 2016 - Batmobile Proving Ground/Polsy

If you're wanting to work on drifting mechanics, the Proving Ground track is pretty good. Since it's literally impossible to even finish the drat thing without drifting. Also! At the start of the last video there was another Jokerfied billboard but I didn't leave it on video long enough. Here it is!

On a completely unrelated note that I'm excited about I auditioned for a community theater musical and now I've got parts in Avenue Q. Huzzah!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

If you aren't Trekkie Monster then you're letting the goonsquad down.

I'm playing Trekkie Monster and Nicky. Ha!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Back in business, back on the main story!

Back On The Trail/Polsy

New character(s): Catwoman

New stories: Showtime, On The Prowl

Race 8: 2016 - Waynetech Loop/Polsy

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Klaus88 posted:

If you could be kind enough to just go through your upgrades periodically, that would be nice, if you don't mind.

I'll be upgrading/showing my upgrades every 2-3 videos from here on. Apparently people are pretty up-in-arms about me CUTTING OUT THESE THINGS. Youtube people got pretty upset I guess I even got a dislike.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Main storyline! New island! Explosions! Riddles! Who could ask for anything more?

Taking Back Miagani/Polsy

New character(s): Kirk and Francine Langstrom

New stories: White Noise

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I'm not going to lie, I kind of missing giggling and cackling Scarecrow. John Noble does a great voice job, but so far Scarecrow's lines have pretty much been "I bet you're scared. Oh the terror you must feel. Now you know what it means to be afraid." And it gets really bleh after a while.

John Noble as Scarecrow talks about fear like DIablo talks about nephalem. BLAH BLAH BLAH NEPHALEM BLAH BLAH FEAR BLAH

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

anilEhilated posted:

e: I don't mind the Riddler stuff because ultimately, what it comes down to is fun. I enjoyed messing around the city and solving minigames and riddles. It's obviously a case of gameplay before story and I do think the game would be diminished without its collectibles. You could probably pin them on a different villain, though.

The games so far have done a pretty good job of getting a big selection of Batman villains, why couldn't they do something like the Cluemaster? Maybe have Spoiler or the Riddler even helping you out. If it's Riddler helping you out it A: plays into his sense of superiority and B: he'll probably try and backstab you at the end. Peak Riddler!

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Aithon posted:

Or they could try to write a Batman plot without kidnapping every other character. It is possible, right?

It's possible. But it's difficult.

Consider Batman's creation and motivations. Bruce Wayne's parents were shot. This instills a sense of protection in Batman. He doesn't want anyone to die, and this goes extra strong for the people Batman/Bruce Wayne cares about. I remember seeing it on Youtube somewhere, a snippet from DC Universe Online or whatever it was. It's voice clips of Batman going over possible weaknesses and counters to different members of the Justice League. He also has a file on himself which is in small part appropriately self-congratulatory, but he points out two weaknesses. 1: Batman is only human. 2: Batman has a huge weakness when it comes to people close to him.

As part of Batman's WAR ON CRIME and tacit authorization by the GCPD, he's pulled various people into his orbit. Commissioner Gordon, Oracle, all the Robins, Catwoman, Huntress, Alfred...how do you strike at Batman, who is a near impregnable fortress? You either use incredible force (Bane, backbreaker, etc), or you chip away at the foundations. Kidnapping is always lurking around the corner in Batman comics because it's one of his more powerful motivators.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Iretep posted:

I actually remembered wrong and in the arkham city one batman got taken hostage and not robin. In arkham origin dlc im pretty sure Alfred got taken hostage for a while by penguin. Of course in comics these have happened a million times.

Nah, Alfred took care of himself mostly. He got hit by one of Mr. Freeze's thugs who were actually Penguin's thugs, but he didn't get taken hostage.

I missed a dialogue in an upcoming video due to circumstances, shame on me, but it's two Arkham Militia goons talking about how Barbara hurt some of them pretty badly when they stormed the clock tower before the Knight stepped in. She was using "ninja sticks". She's not as defenseless as she seems at first blush but she is working at a disadvantage, and it is off camera.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I've got a tickle in the back of my throat and nose, which is really annoying and might affect my voice commentary. Luckily I have already done videos in advance.

A Real Scorcher/Polsy

New character(s): Firefly

New stories: Keep Your Friends Close, Taking Out The Trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Still dying slowly of a coughing fit.

Just Riddler Things/Polsy

The Alfred in the Arkham universe doesn't seem to be an ex-SAS badass, nor does he do much in the way of field work. Presumably he mostly patches Batman up after a night out, which would fit with the normal portrayal.

• Locked thread