Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
You know I kinda like this part of the plot working with Ivy against scarecrow. It makes some attempt at sense, if the cloudburst goes off it could damage the plants so Ivy has a reason to listen, and even if it is stupid as hell it's at least interestingly stupid. This is something you wouldn't predict.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I know what happens, I've played this game and done all the non-dlc sidequests. I was trying not to spoil later points. Even with it getting stupider I still enjoy this aspect of the plot.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I liked Tony's tactic in the first Iron Man movie:

Now a lot of you may have heard weird rumours relating to me and Iron Man, and I'm here to lay those rumours to rest. The truth is: I am Iron Man. :smug:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Batman could always try putting Croc 'in contact' with Bruce Wayne. Make like they have a mutual acquaintance or something and offer to set up a meeting. Bruce has limitless resources and a massive science department, and has a reputation as the most harmless person in Gotham, even if a womanising idiot. Batman keeps Croc close, Croc gets closer to a cure and ideally noone gets eaten or needlessly experimented on. If all goes south, Batman's literally right there watching for the signs of it happening.

Edit: Better yet, as I forgot about the scent, no need to get the alter ego involved at all. Keep him in the batcave, plenty of room to make room for a sizable cell for him, just keep Alfred away from that part of the cave and the cover is secure. He only sees the other capes.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Apr 11, 2016

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

There is actually a subtle difference that Croc prides himself on noticing. Batman smells like Leather and Sweat. Bruce Wayne smells like Leather, Sweat and Vermouth. Only an idiot could think one was the other.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

I was thinking about Arkham Origins again and it could have worked as, not a batman game, but the origin of Amadeus Arkham, in more of a LA Noire kinda way. You play as Amadeus, interviewing patients at his new asylum, full of hope that he can fix everyone that comes through his door. Then a patient escapes, and Amadeus starts trying to track him down, not letting the police handle it alone due to a sense of responsibility - My Patient, My Responsibility. He gets more and more desperate with every passing hour he fails to find the guy, beginning to hallucinate a large bat spirit on top of everything else,, and the dialog options change to reflect that, until he arrives at home late into the game to find his family dead and his escaped patient fleeing the scene. He snaps, and by the time you have caught up with the patient, Amadeus's despair has corrupted his decision making to the point that you only get one option, couched in either a noble cause or just vengeance. Both options result in him beating the guy to death, and his transition to the murderous Arkham who possessed Quincy Sharp, but the choice was still there - it was "I finally know how to help you..." vs "I will fix this city the only way I can..." or something. One a 'Paragon' option, one 'Renegade', but both black and white have blurred into a grey miasma that fuels his eventual madness.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

It's pretty dumb but I love how Batman appartently lives in an entire state named after HighSchool poetry. Gotham city, Bludhaven, Blackgate Prison, even now with BLEAK ISLAND :black101: it's just ridiculous. Will Commissioner Gordon take a vacation to a city simply called 'Misunderstood Angst' when this is over? :3:

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

It could even be a similar thing to the Joker in Return of the Joker - Riddler, now elderly, notices a new bat in town, realises it's not the original but some kid pretending and decides to test his intellect, to make sure he's good enough, that he 'deserves' to have the Great Edward Nigma as his archnemesis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

When it comes to the Joker and BAtman's relationship, the Batman Beyond movie has an amazing scene where he is dealing with Terry McGuiness. Terry is warned by Bruce that the Joker likes to talk and will try to get in his head - Terry's response: "Wait. I like to talk too."

He then proceeds to deconstruct the Joker mercilessly, laughing at his failures, and when the Joker tells him to stop laughing, his response is "Why? I thought you always wanted to make the Batman laugh!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LikMS5gDDI

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 11:04 on Aug 2, 2016

• Locked thread