Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure there's an entire subgenre of 8-bit everything if you look hard enough, CJacobs. Apparently It's a popular passtime on Youtube.

I have expounded in Scruffy's previous Arkham threads, among others, why I do not particularly care for the Arkham games. I shan't bore you all again going into it at length, but I have to agree with TCat--the hand-waving of crap which would be lethal to Batman's enemies in any other piece of media (and in fact, in real life) by just saying "it's okay, because Batman doesn't kill people" gets taken to ridiculous extremes in this game. I don't know why that shatters my suspension of disbelief when the woman who's part plant and the guy whose body temperature is below freezing and the man made of sentient clay do not, but it does.

Maybe it's because that's like the one goddamn thing Rocksteady never bothers putting effort into justifying. Not even a throw-away line about Batman calling EMTs to pick up the people he leaves broken and bleeding in the freezing Gotham streets. It's just "nope, it was non-lethal, go about your business."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
On a completely unrelated topic:

:eng101: Cars generate both A/C and D/C electricity, Scruffy. The alternator cranks out A/C power when the engine turns it, that current is run through a rectifier to convert it to D/C, and the D/C is fed to the battery and the car's electronics. Judging by the video though, the game tells you when you equip the Power Winch that the Batmobile's outputting A/C.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer

BioEnchanted posted:

When it comes to the Joker and BAtman's relationship, the Batman Beyond movie has an amazing scene where he is dealing with Terry McGuiness. Terry is warned by Bruce that the Joker likes to talk and will try to get in his head - Terry's response: "Wait. I like to talk too."

He then proceeds to deconstruct the Joker mercilessly, laughing at his failures, and when the Joker tells him to stop laughing, his response is "Why? I thought you always wanted to make the Batman laugh!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LikMS5gDDI

My favorite scene in anything Batman related. And the way it ends is fantastic. If only anything in the Arkham games was as good, I might detest them somewhat less.

• Locked thread