Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

Can this technique be scaled ip to a 'bazooka!'

I think it can be scaled up to a "bong"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

Oberleutnant posted:

You'll be dead of dysentery or typhus within two weeks.

yeah but at least when he's digging poo poo out of his rear end in a top hat with a stick he'll be doing it on his own terms

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

Only registered members can see post attachments!

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
id smoke weed with this guy in his mud hut then we could do the scene from ghost and he could hold me in his big strong arms as we sculpted a crude yet majestic phallus from the rich wet earth

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
where does he charge his camera?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Prettz posted:

Why are all of these Japanology videos so drat interesting?
:japan:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkfQP2KeMPo

Jigglesby
Jan 16, 2015

Artisan charcoal at Trader Joes.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ahundredbux posted:

You set up two rocks and a bunch of blueberries in the sun somewhere and do it that way.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Ahundredbux posted:

in the electrical sockets in his house probably

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
those shorts... clearly a product of civilization. he should film his series naked until he constructs a loom to make real primitive clothes.
until then, immersion = ruined

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

If anyone can take some rocks they found lying around, some mud, and some tree branches and transform it into a metal knife or axe using nothing but their own bare hands, that's badass.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Just watched a bunch of these. This Guy rules and doesn't talk at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEl-Y1NvBVI

LonelyPCgamer3 weeks ago
You could make dumbbell plates from the clay like you did and start lifting some weights and become the biggest caveman around and get all the cavebitches.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

ArbitraryC posted:

LonelyPCgamer3 weeks ago
You could make dumbbell plates from the clay like you did and start lifting some weights and become the biggest caveman around and get all the cavebitches.

look at this non-mgtow gently caress

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Ahundredbux posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noI7TmspMrM

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I just installed an above oven microwave by myself. I feel like that alone makes me superior to 90% of all men, and 100% of goons.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
I prefer to find things to do that haven't been done before, but I guess devoting your life to architecture that went out of style a thousand years ago is fine too

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Stinky_Pete posted:

I prefer to find things to do that haven't been done before

Name one thing you've done that hasn't been done before.

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

Sheep-Goats posted:

My celtic iron age ancestors couldn't write software code, especially not object-oriented code.

Bipolar Transistor
Feb 21, 2016

I said a flip, flop, the hippie the hippie to the flip flop flop, you dont stop the rock it to the bang bang boogie say up jumped the boogie to the rhythm of the boogie, the beat

Sheep-Goats posted:

Peanut butter and horseradishes. :colbert:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Legitimately super awesome he makes these without obnoxious LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE openers and an annoying nasally voice narrating everything he does. It's like How It's Made for primitive poo poo.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Justin Tyme posted:

Legitimately super awesome he makes these without obnoxious LIKE AND SUBSCRIBE openers and an annoying nasally voice narrating everything he does. It's like How It's Made for primitive poo poo.

but how its made has a narrator?

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Isaac posted:

Australians dont have an accent. Its the 'neutral' english

this post paid for by Speech Therapists United

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Sheep-Goats posted:

that excludes his mom

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Zyklon B Zombie posted:

I enjoy not living in mud huts or spending hours of time making charcoal to survive. It gives me plenty of free time to poo poo post on the internet.

:agreed:

I still like watching someone else do it tho

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
fuckin around in the woods rules

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I love his channel

his patience is unbelievable

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Prettz posted:

My celtic iron age ancestors couldn't write software code, especially not object-oriented code.

Wouldn't you rather build a hut though. I mean, be honest.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I want to work out how to make strong liquor without purchased yeast or refined sugar or power.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
If i had wild yeast i could make a grain mash at about 5% that could be distilled if i had the gear already welded but itd take lots of firewood and i dunno how youd make a still without modern solder or heat sources

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
In any case im sure id have this set up if i was dropped in the wild before i sorted food or shelter

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Isaac posted:

If i had wild yeast i could make a grain mash at about 5% that could be distilled if i had the gear already welded but itd take lots of firewood and i dunno how youd make a still without modern solder or heat sources

never stop posting

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Madcosby posted:

I love his channel

his autism is unbelievable

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think you wet the grain to sprout it. Not so much the ahell opena but it has started germinating.

Crush dried sprouted crain to about 10% flour and the rest a bit cracked.

Retreive fermentable sugar into water at about 65 celcius by mixing hot water with the grain while stiring for a while. Extremely important to keep the temperature up during this period. This would be very hard using primitive tools. I imagine a very hot fire rapidly heating buckets to be poured into the mash.

Add the yeast or hope wild yeast happ3ns to float in.

Just realised youd need a bunch of containers and stuff. I wouldnt even know how to makr a bucket.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Dig a hole and fill it with urine and fruit sqeezins on a hot day and hope it males alcohol

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

I think you just make one of these and build a stove to put it on

Seems like an easy project compared to making that drill thing.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac posted:

I think you wet the grain to sprout it. Not so much the ahell opena but it has started germinating.

Crush dried sprouted crain to about 10% flour and the rest a bit cracked.

Retreive fermentable sugar into water at about 65 celcius by mixing hot water with the grain while stiring for a while. Extremely important to keep the temperature up during this period. This would be very hard using primitive tools. I imagine a very hot fire rapidly heating buckets to be poured into the mash.

Add the yeast or hope wild yeast happ3ns to float in.

Just realised youd need a bunch of containers and stuff. I wouldnt even know how to makr a bucket.

He makes buckets in one of his videos

E: this is how

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL3sho1CpkI

raton fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Feb 26, 2016

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
does he smoke neolithic era weed

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012
if I managed to build a tiled house as good as that with my bare hands I would be so proud that I'd refuse to stop living in it until the police came to get me out as I threw rocks & spears at them

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
You can totally do a wild yeast capture, think of it like sourdough, but it gets you drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
That guy owns

• Locked thread