Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Crewmine posted:

if I managed to build a tiled house as good as that with my bare hands I would be so proud that I'd refuse to stop living in it until the police came to get me out as I threw rocks & spears at them

He makes a sling in one video and hucks hekka rocks at rejected roof tiles it rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Odobenidae posted:

yeah okay throw a millennial into the amazon and they'll die of buzzfeed withdrawl in less than a week. today's humans at large have lost any/all natural instincts.

uyeah i agree that is totally on par with this guy some random millennial in the amazon okay

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Ahundredbux posted:

does he smoke neolithic era weed

i got that prehistoric sticky

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
this guy is so loving intense, love him

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ahundredbux posted:

does he smoke neolithic era weed

Wouldn't neolithic era week be super weak? Might as well go smoke a hemp rope.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Angela Christine posted:

Herodotus (I think) talks about Asians (which means people in the Middle East to him) making tents and burning bushes on fires in them which causes them to get intoxicated as though they were drunk on wine and he lived in like pretty early BC.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Angela Christine posted:

yeah if you are buying it off some college poo poo head but i know a guy

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Angela Christine posted:

if your smoking neolithic weed your in India, and that means you could be in some pretty boss & advanced agricultural civilization. depending on what time exact in the neolithic period, they could have been cultivating that poo poo for 1000 years already

Sheep-Goats posted:

Herodotus (I think) talks about Asians (which means people in the Middle East to him) making tents and burning bushes on fires in them which causes them to get intoxicated as though they were drunk on wine and he lived in like pretty early BC.

Herodotus is the early iron age, you skipped an entire age of civilization!

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Angela Christine posted:

nowhere near as strong as cultivated weed nowadays but probably not nothing, people definitely smoked it eg that celtic shaman in china with great big bales of it in his tomb etc etc

the alkaloids cannabinoids are a natural defence theres no reason they wouldnt be present in relatively significant quantities

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Sheep-Goats posted:

Here he is building a mud hut using his bare hands and a lovely rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCKkHqlx9dE

He wasn't satisfied with that though so instead he built a house that's nicer than at least 20% of the houses that goons live in including a hearth, heated floor, chimney, tile roof, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P73REgj-3UE

In his most recent video he makes charcoal. Why does he make charcoal? Well, it's easier to store and start fires with. But more importantly it burns hot enough to smelt metal. This dickhead is going to make a bronze loving axe from scratch just you wait. I get real satisfied digging a posthole for a fence. If I made an axe out of dirt and loving wood I'd never get laid again due to the syrupy continuous smugtrails that would leak out of my pits like pressure forcing water through pumice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzLvqCTvOQY

I like this channel very much, thank you for sharing. Subscribed.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

if your smoking neolithic weed your in India, and that means you could be in some pretty boss & advanced agricultural civilization. depending on what time exact in the neolithic period, they could have been cultivating that poo poo for 1000 years already

It's not my fault some other old rear end man didn't scribble down some third hand account of inscrutables hotboxing weed trees that I know about and can make ill informed posts with regard to

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
waht if he's cultivated it since the neolithic era

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Rutibex posted:

They've found pot in tombs from 2700 years ago, mankind has always craved the dank.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

They've found pot in tombs from 2700 years ago, mankind has always craved the dank.

2700 yeras old isn't that old on the human scale of things

1300 BC - Today: Iron age, this age has Romans and Greeks and stuff

1300 BC - 3300 BC: Bronze age, this age has Egyptians and Babylonians and stuff, its just as long as the iron age. As much history happened here as happened from today to the time of the Aristotle

3300 BC - 9300 BC: Neolithic Age, this age has *hosed if we know*, they didnt write it down. They farmed and had civilizations and stuff though, imagine like the Aztecs. Three times more history happened here than between now and Romans

9300 BC - 3.5 million BC: Paleolithic age, wandering ape men. Humans did this poo poo for 1163 times as long as between now and Romans

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
its always amazing to me just how ancient ancient egypt was

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
True, but if backwater Gobi nomads managed to get stoned, and include afterlife pot in their burials, its not a huge stretch to imagine that this poo poo's been going on for a long time and is pervasive in the surrounding areas. 1300bc is just the oldest sample we've found intact.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Rutibex posted:

9300 BC - 3.5 million BC: Paleolithic age, wandering ape men. Humans did this poo poo for 1163 times as long as between now and Romans

I wouldn't quite say that. Our ancestors 3.5 million years ago were not modern humans, or even close to it. The Homo genus didn't start until around 2 million years ago. Then the homo sapiens sapiens subspecies (modern humans) started around 200,000 years ago.

Sophy Wackles fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Feb 26, 2016

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay
Subscribed dudes YouTube channel is ridiculously sliced

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

XMNN posted:

but they had aliens and ufos and poo poo to build pyramids and stionehenge

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Rutibex posted:

1300 BC - 3300 BC: Bronze age, this age has Egyptians and Babylonians and stuff, its just as long as the iron age. As much history happened here as happened from today to the time of the Aristotle

3300 BC - 9300 BC: Neolithic Age, this age has *hosed if we know*, they didnt write it down. They farmed and had civilizations and stuff though, imagine like the Aztecs. Three times more history happened here than between now and Romans

You at least gotta start a new fukkin era after we walk on the gd moon ffs, if not somewhere around germ theory or industrialization.

Also one bronze year doesn't contain as much history as one iron year and a Paleolithic year don't contain poo poo its a bunch of apes with clubs using animal poo poo as lube

raton fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 26, 2016

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Sheep-Goats posted:

You at least gotta start a new fukkin era after we walk on the gd moon ffs, if not somewhere around germ theory or industrialization.

Also one bronze year doesn't contain as much history as one iron year and a Paleolithic year don't contain poo poo its a bunch of apes with clubs using animal poo poo as lube

well, if we are going to keep the metal theme then I think Aluminum Age would be a good place holder for industrialization/electricity (aluminum smelting requiring electricity).

then we can have a Plutonium Age, as that element is not in nature and can only be obtained via nuclear reactions, so it represents a distinct change in technology

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Pawn 17 posted:

I wouldn't quite say that. Our ancestors 3.5 million years ago were not modern humans, or even close to it. The Homo genus didn't start until around 2 million years ago. Then then homo sapiens sapiens subspecies (modern humans) started around 200,000 years ago.

:shrug:
ok thats not so bad, taking 140,000 years to figure out agriculture is much better than 2+ million

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Closely following this person and his garbage life, he is a beacon of hope for the future

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

XMNN posted:

Right??
The big pyramid of Giza was already 2500-3000 years old by the time Cleopatra was around. Someone posted this in another thread: she was closer to the first Pizza Hut chronologically than the completion of the great pyramid of Giza. :psyduck:

Qvark
May 4, 2010
Soiled Meat

Rutibex posted:

this guy in the OP is ok, put this guy here is the pro leagues:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYJKd0rkKss

lol my grand father andmost other northern fins/swedes did this without having to be enormous media whores.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Right??
The big pyramid of Giza was already 2500-3000 years old by the time Cleopatra was around. Someone posted this in another thread: she was closer to the first Pizza Hut chronologically than the completion of the great pyramid of Giza. :psyduck:

Cleopatra wasn't a real Egyptian pharaoh, she was the daughter of one of Alexander the Greats generals, who conquered the area long after ancient Egypt collapsed into poo poo

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Pawn 17 posted:

I wouldn't quite say that. Our ancestors 3.5 million years ago were not modern humans, or even close to it. The Homo genus didn't start until around 2 million years ago. Then the homo sapiens sapiens subspecies (modern humans) started around 200,000 years ago.

I dunno about home genus but a homo sexual def started on dec 16 2000

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Homo sapien comes from the latin meaning, "I think therefore I'm gay."

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006
All his videos are so cathartic to watch. It's a shame it literally takes forever to do what he's doing. Still neat to watch. Cant wait until he makes his own primitive religion to follow.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

the scythians got pretty high on the stuff according to the greeks

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the scythians got pretty high on the stuff according to the greeks

img-timeline bro

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
ill be impressed when he's making gunpowder with piss and bat guano

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
fart

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Mr. Unlucky posted:

ill be impressed when he's making gunpowder with piss and bat guano

If you fill an old beer bottle a third up with water and seal it and put it upside down on a fire itll blow up really loud

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
My parents think im shooting a 12ga at 3am but im actually just blowing up beer bottles

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Rutibex posted:

LOL at scrubs still using the four age system. We gotta divide that poo poo into periods and phases and poo poo mufugga. Also, the Aztecs weren't Neolithic, they were an advanced society with a well stratified social structure and metallurgy, it was just for bronze and not iron so yeah, they got hosed.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

KiteAuraan posted:

Also, the Aztecs weren't Neolithic, they were an advanced society with a well stratified social structure and metallurgy, it was just for bronze and not iron so yeah, they got hosed.

they were just at the beginning of the bronze age, they didn't use a lot of metal tools or weapons. i would say they could very easily be what an advanced Neolithic society would look like. :shrug: i mean one near the end of course, its a long period, one near the beginning isn't going to be nearly as impressive

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
This guy is like the opposite of masaokis but still oddly calming to watch.

Hes also kinda cute ;-*

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Rutibex posted:

what if they discovered weed in 9300 BC and thats why we stopped being apes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Ahundredbux posted:

what if they discovered weed in 9300 BC and thats why we stopped being apes

Wouldn't they have needed to discover fire first? Maybe discover some weed on fire?

• Locked thread