Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
you could eat a whole bunch of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
mmm prehistoric weed

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpUT3du6yPo

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

that was p good

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I need this

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Ahundredbux posted:

what if they discovered weed in 9300 BC and thats why we stopped being apes

what do you think the forbidden fruit eve consumed was bro

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...

Prettz posted:

Bronze axe? If this guy has access to a bog he can probably make iron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_mTgHj6M1Q
proclick

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLoukoBs8TE

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

I forgot to ever mention that that video is the first of a badass series. You've GOTTA watch it.

edit: it's not surprising at this point that he made a real bow, but it's still amazing to watch him create it with his bare hands.

Prettz fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Mar 24, 2016

GewuerzKahn
Jan 7, 2014

My opposable nipples are hurting me.

Video is gone :( What was it?

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

GewuerzKahn posted:

Video is gone :( What was it?

IIRC it was a Begin Japanology documentary on charcoal. I'm sure there's more versions of the episode on youtube that haven't been ground into dirt by copyright barons.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Also in some weird ironic twist of fate he has a patreon set up so you can pay him to do caveman poo poo

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2945881&ty=h

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

thaqnks for this op. no foolin'

edit: 'nuff said!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Odobenidae posted:

Also in some weird ironic twist of fate he has a patreon set up so you can pay him to do caveman poo poo

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=2945881&ty=h

Better than donating to a hot dog redneck.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Now he's gonna make three more bows and use them as a suspension system for his car made out of boulders and small trees.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fucker built a loom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ey68uVUuyvs

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

mdm posted:

what do you think the forbidden fruit eve consumed was bro

:prepop:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Good poo poo. Came twice.

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
this one is pretty cool because you can see him improve his process twice as he's figuring it out. first he moves from the 'action' side of the loom to the shuttle side, and then after that he adds the rope to make it easier to lift and lower

innovation

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

shame he doesn't have access to one of the very earliest technologies people used: animal skins.

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
Kangaroo leather is some of the toughest, most durable leather. The meat is pretty good too, though it may have worms, and they're everywhere. I would guess that the only reason you don't see him skinning and eating roos is for concern about the potentially negative response from youtube viewers.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

monkey posted:

I would guess that the only reason you don't see him skinning and eating roos is for concern about the potentially negative response from youtube viewers.

Sounds about right, in his archery video he specified that the feathers he used for the arrows were found on the ground and not from a bird that he had killed. I also think he's done stuff like cutting trees above new shoots or sprouts or something so it doesn't die.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Prettz posted:

shame he doesn't have access to one of the very earliest technologies people used: anime shame.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Farming taters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTcXhYHmOx8

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEUGOyjewD4

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008
if he's so primitive how does he edit his videos hmmm? :trollface:

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Thank you for the video updates, OP. Such independent competence brings me joy.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

rakovsky maybe posted:

if he's so primitive how does he edit his videos hmmm? :trollface:

Coconut.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Why is he building a grass hut when he already built a clay hut complete with rain run-off and heated floors? Did someone destroy his clay hut? Does he need to make a video about how to form a caveman posse and revenge some poo poo up?

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

The Human Crouton posted:

Why is he building a grass hut when he already built a clay hut complete with rain run-off and heated floors? Did someone destroy his clay hut? Does he need to make a video about how to form a caveman posse and revenge some poo poo up?

Chill, babe, he's just showing different methods.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Being able to construct different structures for appropriate seasonal homes is very hunter gatherer.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I saw. It's to get away from mosquitoes and to hide his primitive mistress. I get it.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
took him a week though. bitch, all the bison done moved on by the time you're done.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i feel that in lieu of him just picking up iron ore and poo poo out of stream beds to accurately show early metalworking (cause that stuff's all gone now) he be allowed to melt down and rework any pieces of junk metal he finds in the woods.

obviously he cant reproduce the exact processes but i'll still take him forging a hunting knife out of an old leaf spring or whatever

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

In the description he says they're in different locations so if he's out foraging and it rains he can hide in the hut and chill for a bit.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

thats a hut for his slaves. he is going to show us some primitive farming techniques!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Germstore posted:

took him a week though. bitch, all the bison done moved on by the time you're done.

It took him a week alone, from scratch, when he'd never done it before. Normally it would be a group of people who had done it dozens of times before, and they could probably get enough huts for everyone done in a day or two. He's just bad at it.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I can't imagine the frustration of the clay roof tiles breaking by dropping one. dude has legendary patience

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Dylan Daino 5 hours ago posted:

if only homeless people GOT OFF THEIR rear end'S!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
fukken double post

• Locked thread