Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Oh my gently caress I am so loving excited about this. I was a actually gonna go back to school and get my life back on track this year but the this got announced and that's a big I'll NOPE! Now. Here's to another year of playing more AWESOME Pokemon games.

:cheerdoge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Ristolaz posted:

Keep making fun of me for taking the bus to work and working at the mall.

So how many street passes do you get from your fancy car exactly?

almost nobody owns a 3DS here or Nintendo systems in general

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

mabels big day posted:

And the logos already got leaked. Pokemon in space.

Those logos might be fake but they are actually announcing something in a 5 minute direct tomorrow morning but it might just be a special Pikachu amiibo.

They called the seventh pokemon the Pokemon Sun.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Team Dayman

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Platinum was probably my favorite

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

Keep making fun of me for taking the bus to work and working at the mall.

So how many street passes do you get from your fancy car exactly?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i got presents over Near, it was all gems for f2p games i never heard of

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

pokemon daycrew and pokemon nightcrew

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

it would be cool if the starters were like ghost, dark and fighting or some other weird triangle, also i hope that this game feels different or has some new mechanics or something because I mean I'll play it regardless probably but i think I've played the same pokemon game like 15 times now or something

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i suppose they are all the same game in that you catch pokemon and use them to win turn based battles with

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

IMHO 3 = 2 > 1 > 4 > 5 never played 6 because I was also waiting for Z

I think people who don't believe the pokemon games have universally improved over time are insane.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

no i mean they definitely get better but like, maybe HM moves are just on a robot instead of mucking up your moves or like maybe they add something akin to abilities that really changes things up or like maybe they will be a little crazier with the designs or use cooler gimmicks or have a more outlandish plot/setting or whatever. the core concept works regardless of how much effort they put in to change it so its really just me saying like "i hope this thing is very good instead of just pretty good"

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
it is what it is

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

i suppose they are all the same game in that you catch pokemon and use them to win turn based battles with

i hope the next pokemon is an indie walking simulator where you pick up and rotate items

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ristolaz posted:

No. Who said this so I can kick them in the Nards

Soral
May 30, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

I think people who don't believe the pokemon games have universally improved over time are insane.

generations 4 and 5 are definitely less good than the rest. im sorry.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
ive never been able to get into pokemon my whole life. maybe i'll buy this one

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

it would be cool if the starters were like ghost, dark and fighting or some other weird triangle, also i hope that this game feels different or has some new mechanics or something because I mean I'll play it regardless probably but i think I've played the same pokemon game like 15 times now or something

*twitches furiously in my sleep, imagining playing a pokemon game where the story is not a lovely echo of gen 1*

*eyes snap open from the burning adrenaline and exhilaration*

*realize i am in my mario kart bed, face slowly sinks into despair, eyes turning glassy as the dream dies*

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

what would the alternative be to playing as a young child getting a starter from a professor and setting out to be The Very Best.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

poké-peta in gen 5 was probably the most realistic Bad Guy Team out of all the gens. but I did not finish that game as it unfortunately was released around the time I graduated and took on Adult Responsibilities.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

god bless the people that put good poo poo up on wondertrade

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Gamefaqs Poll of the Day:

Can you name all nineteen starter Pokemon?

I can.

Soral posted:

generations 4 and 5 are definitely less good than the rest. im sorry.

5 is the second best.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lol

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

As a Millennial I posted:

what would the alternative be to playing as a young child getting a starter from a professor and setting out to be The Very Best.

Pokémon Sun/Moon takes place in 2065, 40 years after the events of Pokémon X/Y, in a world facing upheaval from climate change and new technologies. In response to the Poké assaults of X/Y, several regions around the world have developed high-tech Pokémon defenses that render conventional Pokémon forces virtually useless. As such, most of the warfare between countries is done by covert Pokémon trainer operatives fighting behind enemy lines. Pokémon technology has progressed to the point where robotics play a major role in combat, and both fully robotic humanoid Pokémon and cyborg megaevolutions have been developed to fight in the battlefield. As a result, there is speculation and fear about an eventual Pokémon takeover. The game follows a team of black ops Pokémon trainers, like previous installments in the Pokémon series.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Bolverkur posted:

Pokémon Sun/Moon takes place in 2065, 40 years after the events of Pokémon X/Y, in a world facing upheaval from climate change and new technologies. In response to the Poké assaults of X/Y, several regions around the world have developed high-tech Pokémon defenses that render conventional Pokémon forces virtually useless. As such, most of the warfare between countries is done by covert Pokémon trainer operatives fighting behind enemy lines. Pokémon technology has progressed to the point where robotics play a major role in combat, and both fully robotic humanoid Pokémon and cyborg megaevolutions have been developed to fight in the battlefield. As a result, there is speculation and fear about an eventual Pokémon takeover. The game follows a team of black ops Pokémon trainers, like previous installments in the Pokémon series.

Black Sawk Down

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

god bless the people that put good poo poo up on wondertrade

This. As long as the new one has wonder trade as well ill be happy

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

https://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/02-26-2016/

20 minutes from now

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Ristolaz posted:

No. Who said this so I can kick them in the Nards

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bolverkur posted:

Time to smoke angel dust and play Pokemon Sun/Moon

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

the loving stupid "the problem with ORAS" pic in the same format of the "the problem with gen 1" pic

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i was all Hype for the livestream but nintendo dot com is getting hammered.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

oh good they put it on yout be https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJnzH2C6Cr4

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

im hyped

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I'm freaking hyped for Traditional Chinese.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

thats it. that was it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Welp

gen 1 Pokemon bank is cool

• Locked thread