Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Marco Rubio
Ted Cruz
Ben Carson
John Kasich
C'mon, you know it's gonna be Trump
View Results

• Locked thread
reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Don't blame me I voted for Rubio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
important question: will carson remember to say anything tonight?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

lol at Cruz still with 0 votes in the poll

Dilbert As FUCK
Sep 8, 2007

by Cowcaster
Pillbug

PleasingFungus posted:

Will he manage to stay awake?

Schlonged Again
Jan 30, 2016

Will he make it all the way out to the stage?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Looking out for Ben Carson is like Panda Watching: Occasional movement, interspersed with speculation on the building proclivities of the Pharaohs alongside explanations on how skill at cutting people open applies to politics.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Montasque posted:

Possible lines of attack in tonights debate

Rubio - > Trump on Foreign policy(Been hinting at this for a while)
Rubio - > Trump on ISREAL(Hinted at this yesterday)
Rubio -> Trump on electability
Rubio -> Trump TAX RETURNS
Rubio - > Cruz on electability
Rubio -> Cruz on being a liar

Cruz - > Trump on not being conservative
Cruz - > Trump Abortion/PP
Cruz - > Trump Healthcare
Cruz - > Trump TAX RETURNS
Cruz - > Rubio immigration
Cruz -> Rubio Dirty tricks
Cruz ->Rubio on 'WHOS THE BEST NOT-TRUMP"

Trump will counter punch in his own special way, Kasich will play the voice of reason, and Carson will say a few crazy things.

Rubio -> Trump on "are you willing to disavow white supremacists?"

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Thump! posted:

lol at Cruz still with 0 votes in the poll

People dislike him so much they don't even want to vote for him ironically.

Can't watch the debate what with the whole "timezones" and "having a job" thing, but looking very much forward to the fallout leading up to the yoogest, classiest Tuesday.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

mannerup posted:

I am writing in baby hitler

I don't want to risk my ballot being thrown out - is it spelled "Adolf" or "Adolph"?

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
They should do a Carson-only kiddie table debate imo.

Phelddagrif posted:

I don't want to risk my ballot being thrown out - is it spelled "Adolf" or "Adolph"?

D-O-N-A-L-D

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Man, they only gave out twenty-five seats to students. I wanted to wear my Obama shirt.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Sir Tonk posted:

Man, they only gave out twenty-five seats to students. I wanted to wear my Obama shirt.

How do you get tickets for these things? Be a donor or Reince Preibus drinking buddy like Trump says?

I was supposed to be in Houston right now so I was hoping to go lol

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

Find some neocon donor who looks like you, lure them into an alley, beat them up or do whatever you have to do to get them out of it, and show up wearing their tuxedo and top hat. Make sure to really twirl that cane when you strut - rich folks can tell an impostor based on poor strutting and twirling

Epic High Five has issued a correction as of 00:20 on Feb 26, 2016

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

rear end cobra posted:

How do you get tickets for these things? Be a donor or Reince Preibus drinking buddy like Trump says?

tickets go to state party and locally elected officials, debate hosts, campaign staffers and the lion's share to donors for debates generally

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

establishment pick Marco Rubio may be trolled into crying on live tv by current gop front runner Donald J Trump

let's all just take a moment to appreciate that this is a real possibility

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

If I were Rubio I'd show up to the debate with some orange stadium hands except they'd have stubby little fingers and a big T on them, and I'd gesticulate wildly to punctuate everything I said

If pressed on it, I would say the T stands for "TIME IS SHORT" and the stubby fingers represent how little time we have left to secure the greatness of the next American century

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Epic High Five posted:

If I were Rubio I'd show up to the debate with some orange stadium hands except they'd have stubby little fingers and a big T on them, and I'd gesticulate wildly to punctuate everything I said

If pressed on it, I would say the T stands for "TIME IS SHORT" and the stubby fingers represent how little time we have left to secure the greatness of the next American century

lmao

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005
The real question is whether the Rubot can be goaded into glitching out again. Christie showed us that you just have to interrupt young Marco a little bit, put him on the spot, and he'll spazz the gently caress out. Rubio needs to have a big night, but any of the other debaters can try to throw him off so he is very vulnerable.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
As long as Eric, Don Jr., and Ivanka have tickets, that is all the support Trump needs. Let the GOPe fat cats have their last day in the sun :smug:

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I made the difficult choice to go out drinking with my coworkers rather than watch the debates tonight (unless I catch some of them at work), so hopefully there'll be some decent highlights to enjoy tonight. Have fun, guys!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

rear end cobra posted:

CNN gave 25 seats to UH and they raffled them off to the students. They also let students be volunteers to work it and that would get you in, but gently caress that.

edit

rear end cobra posted:

There's a whole bunch of stuff on campus for it, you should take the train down there and check it out.

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/texas/article/Houston-s-GOP-presidential-debate-brings-6853949.php

The venue is 520.

Sir Tonk has issued a correction as of 00:36 on Feb 26, 2016

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
"Donald Trump Smokes Mids"

From what I know of Texas this will make him toxic to the black community, but endear him to Hispanics.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Sir Tonk posted:

There's a whole bunch of stuff on campus for it, you should take the train down there and check it out.

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/texas/article/Houston-s-GOP-presidential-debate-brings-6853949.php

The venue is 520.

Thank you! I guess my wording was a little off, but I didn't actually make it to Houston.

I'll be there on Super Tuesday, so I guess I'll try to venture out to a voting location or something and see some stuff then.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

CNN gave 25 seats to UH and they raffled them off to the students. They also let students be volunteers to work it and that would get you in, but gently caress that.

edit

The venue is 520.

If my name is not Parker, can I still park in 15a/g?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
beck wept as ted cruz was brutally murdered onstage

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

rear end cobra posted:

Thank you! I guess my wording was a little off, but I didn't actually make it to Houston.

I'll be there on Super Tuesday, so I guess I'll try to venture out to a voting location or something and see some stuff then.

You're missing our two weeks of really nice weather each year!

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration
I'm pretty sure CNN just used "Pepper" by Butthole Surfers as their outro music going into the last commercial break.

Well done, CNN. Well done.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

It doesn't start for an hour and a half, why are you subjecting yourself to CNN?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I dunno, this Trump Supporter lady is purdy

Slow Graffiti
Feb 1, 2003

Born of Frustration

Epic High Five posted:

It doesn't start for an hour and a half, why are you subjecting yourself to CNN?

Just flicked over to the audio feed on my phone when the sports show I was listening to ended. Also, I hate myself.

Edit: And for some reason msnbc won't let me stream their channel on my phone.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Dude is still there, wonder how long he'll last.

the moose
Nov 7, 2009

Type: Electric Swing

PleasingFungus posted:

How is Carson still in this thing? Does he have any delegates or positive polling?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

the moose posted:

How is Carson still in this thing? Does he have any delegates or positive polling?

As a matter of fact, he has five delegates!

Xenophanes
Nov 8, 2015

the moose posted:

He has a third as many delegates as Rubio or Cruz... one 17th as many as Trump.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.
The Republican debate is tonight, I have steaks ready, beer to go... but no oil with which to fry the steaks.

Truly, a dark hour.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

the moose posted:

He got more delegates from South Carolina than anyone, except Trump.

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Democrazy posted:

but no oil with which to fry the steaks.

Wait, what? How would you be able to fry a steak to well done, the way Donald likes it?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I will be missing this evening. :smith:

I hope that I don't miss anything particularly wonderful.

vrath
Jul 6, 2015

Buy 1 get 1 bottle of Lysol FREE!
Watching the pregame show, Rick Perry just confirmed he doesn't want to get stumped by trump.

http://vaughnlive.tv/jr6epsw0w

tumblrina college students crying already and they haven't even had to be triggered by the gore that will be posted at their college tonight.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/politics/article/6-UH-students-among-debate-audience-6854481.php

vrath has issued a correction as of 01:41 on Feb 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Schnorkles posted:

I will be missing this evening. :smith:

I hope that I don't miss anything particularly wonderful.

the highlight reel will be on every news station all day tomorrow as usual

• Locked thread