Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Donald Trump
Marco Rubio
Ted Cruz
Ben Carson
John Kasich
C'mon, you know it's gonna be Trump
View Results

• Locked thread
sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

KaptainKrunk posted:

Trump is taller and more intimidating than Rubio. Something deep in people's caveman brains goes off when presented with an option of having Rubio or Trump as the village leader.

This. Rubio's height hurts him in a line up more than people realize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

CubsWoo posted:

Trump University was probably the biggest bombshell anyone could have dropped on Trump and Rubio vomited it out alongside 5 other things in the first 10 minutes

I'm surprised nobody ever brings up Trump's failed airline, just because it allows an easy attack line ("Richard Branson can run airlines, why couldn't you?")

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Craptacular! posted:

I'm surprised nobody ever brings up Trump's failed airline, just because it allows an easy attack line ("Richard Branson can run airlines, why couldn't you?")

He'd quickly fire back about how foreign airlines have unfair advantages over US companies and the ball is back in his court. Rubio can't think on his feet to keep the attack up and Cruz is like that video game boss where if you punch him in the nose once he gets stunned and you can start doing triple damage combos on him for 3 rounds.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Vox Nihili posted:

Is there anywhere I can watch this shitshow now?

You can usually find a torrent with Google the day after.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i cant get over how big a waste of time that iphone question was

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Totalizator posted:

Every debate seems to be crazier then the previous one.

This one had suspense because I was legit worried Trump was getting owned at the first part but then he came back bigly.

Every debate the attacks on Trump get more aggressive and look more effective but he always manages to turn it around or neutralize them by the end.

It says a lot about the quality of the other GOP candidates that none of them thought to say "there you go again" to Trump's deflectionist bullshit when they were on a roll. Seriously Trump wasn't even saying anything by the end of the debate with the same rhetorical gimmick over and over again. Word salad

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Blue Raider posted:

i cant get over how big a waste of time that iphone question was

That wasn't even close to the loving Canadian Border Wall question to Trump

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Zeno-25 posted:

It says a lot about the quality of the other GOP candidates that none of them thought to say "there you go again" to Trump's deflectionist bullshit when they were on a roll. Seriously Trump wasn't even saying anything by the end of the debate with the same rhetorical gimmick over and over again.

The winner of tonight's debate was HRC.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

Real conservatives don't associate with eudicots.

Would Jesus?

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

Zeno-25 posted:

It says a lot about the quality of the other GOP candidates that none of them thought to say "there you go again" to Trump's deflectionist bullshit when they were on a roll. Seriously Trump wasn't even saying anything by the end of the debate with the same rhetorical gimmick over and over again. Word salad

Don't you mean fruit salad? :shepface:

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Vox Nihili posted:

Is there anywhere I can watch this shitshow now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWSJQ6zVhDA

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

VaultAggie posted:

Don't you mean fruit salad? :shepface:

Was Lindsey invited tonight? Huh, sorry I missed it then

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Schnorkles posted:

The winner of tonight's debate was HRC.

no way. trump is getting bigger and bigger

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

CubsWoo posted:

Does Hillary have the energy to be able to talk over Trump or will she just appeal to Faire Maiden status when Donald interrupts to push her poo poo in

You and I both know the answer, and it definitely isn't the first part.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Terror Sweat posted:

I think he's getting valuable practice now, certainly.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

Marco roboto almost stumped trump. Wait till some opposition research and a canidate that can debate get into him.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Clinton fell apart in 08 going against a guy who can handle himself on a stage

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Despera posted:

Marco roboto almost stumped trump. Wait till some opposition research and a canidate that can debate get into him.

debating skills dont matter when you have a hundred different skeletons in your closet and your opponent has no shame

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Terror Sweat posted:

debating skills dont matter when you have a hundred different skeletons in your closet and your opponent has no shame

So you're saying they're both screwed.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Left the TV on after the debate and saw some regular network programming. Cruz is running lots of ads in Oklahoma, one of them is a direct attack on Rubio. No attacks that I've seen on Trump. Cruz knew he was gunning for second place well before the debate.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

Trump has a million skeletons.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

That wasn't even close to the loving Canadian Border Wall question to Trump

true, but at least trump kept that one brief. everybody had their hot takes for apple

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Trump vs Clinton will be easy work for Hillary. Put the two of them on stage and it'll be apparent which of them is Presidential.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

WhyteRyce posted:

He'd quickly fire back about how foreign airlines have unfair advantages over US companies and the ball is back in his court.

That's actually not why Trump Air failed, because it only ran shuttle routes between northeast cities. He misread the market, he made a high-margins luxury airline around 1990 when value airlines took off, and when the first Iraq war started jet fuel costs doubled and he didn't hedge against it like modern airlines do to insulate themselves against the ups and downs of oil prices. He basically zigged everywhere Southwest zagged.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

The Ninth Layer posted:

Trump vs Clinton will be easy work for Hillary. Put the two of them on stage and it'll be apparent which of them is Presidential.

neither?

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

The Ninth Layer posted:

The one with the same gender as every previous President? We still haven't put that particular element of societal change to the test.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
It's simply amazing to me that they didn't try this before SC. I guess they really just chalked NH up to a fluke and completely ignored polling.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Craptacular! posted:

That's actually not why Trump Air failed, because it only ran shuttle routes between northeast cities. He misread the market, he made a high-margins luxury airline around 1990 when value airlines took off, and when the first Iraq war started jet fuel costs doubled and he didn't hedge against it like modern airlines do to insulate themselves against the ups and downs of oil prices. He basically zigged everywhere Southwest zagged.

:lol: if you think that argument can be conveyed on a debate stage or if Rubio could make it through more than four words before smirking and pointing

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

WhyteRyce posted:

:lol: if you think that argument can be conveyed on a debate stage or if Rubio could make it through more than four words before smirking and pointing

I'm not saying anyone would do that on a debate stage. I'm saying it makes good TV ad smear fodder.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

SNAKES N CAKES posted:

So you're saying they're both screwed.

Clinton is just as brittle as Trump though. She was rehearsed and prepared for Benghazi, but check her out during the Dem debates. She has that glassy brittle laugh and the worst answers when caught off guard. Also check out that interaction with the BLM woman last night. Hillary lost her cool. Trump v. Hillary is going to be a battle of the sleaze titans.

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich

Craptacular! posted:

I'm not saying anyone would do that on a debate stage. I'm saying it makes good TV ad smear fodder.

I highly doubt that.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

its pretty easy to defend. hes already attacked dubya. all he has to do is complete the trifecta and blame it on the president who started a war with iraq

TROIKA CURES GREEK
Jun 30, 2015

by R. Guyovich
You need something more recent than 92, no one gives a poo poo about something that old unless it's really big.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

What page of the thread did this happen on, because loving lol and I want to read the reactions

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Yes, my airline went under. A LOT of good businesses went under because of the disastrous policies of George Bush. Must run in the family. But that Iraq War was a terrible decision and it cost a lot of money and we had to clean up that mess and are still cleaning up that mess :words:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

pig slut lisa posted:

What page of the thread did this happen on, because loving lol and I want to read the reactions

Around 73 or so.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

pig slut lisa posted:

found it

nachos posted:

the democrats are going to replay that last minute for 9 months straight

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich
For once I actually believe that the crowd was pure donors like Trump says. People going way too ape poo poo over anything Rubio said.

Shows you the intelligence of your average Flordian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

AHH FUGH posted:

For once I actually believe that the crowd was pure donors like Trump says. People going way too ape poo poo over anything Rubio said.

Somebody posted earlier that there were 26 tickets raffled to students of the college where the debate was held.

• Locked thread