Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I hate how expensive this game is but I love how good it is.

SUPER

HOT

:supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

ChogsEnhour posted:

I'd kill for a Hotline Miami mod. During the replay instead of SUPER.HOT.SUPER.HOT it'd play some New Retro Wave music instead.

Does Superhotline Miami count?

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
have you gotten the updated exe

I think the big thing Idon't like about it is the lack of music. It works for some games, not so much here. Other games like it (Hotline Miami, NOT A HERO) have great soundtracks to pump you up for a reason.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

eSporks posted:

Music would take away from the time distorted audio. I tried playing with music and didn't like it, I enjoy how serene everything feels when time stops.

I guess to each their own. Actually I meant I'd want the music to be affected too, slowing down when time stops and speeding back up when you got to regular speed.

Do higher difficulties change the 'regular time' speed? As is even in 'regular time' when I'm moving everything is slowed down, and I had thought it'd be closer to real time.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 2, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

eSporks posted:

I could see the being distorted too working, but it could also end up being unrecognizable or too simple and repetitive.

I might be misremembering but I think SSX2012 had a similar feature that worked pretty well.

Viewtiful Joe also had the music slow down during slowtime.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Are there more weapons than fists, melee, and the 3 guns?

I'm really sad I can't bash a bottle over a guy's head and have both things flies into a million pieces. I think I saw darts in one of the levels but didn't get a chance to use it.

Also man this game really likes patting itself on the back with the between stage chatlogs.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

jon joe posted:

During the prison scene where the guys are shooting at you, I managed to dodge around enough to get a few of the guys to shoot the other guys. Does anyone know if it's possible to not obey and not die here?

You can punch a guy and take his gun if you jump.

AlphaKretin posted:

The ending demands you spread the system though, by IRL recommending the game to friends who will be met with resistance, which fits with the test/reverse psych thing.

What does it mean in the context of the ending that I got a refund because I finished the game in under two hours? :v:

The devs mentioned free content updates, I kinda hope that includes new weapons. Or at least mod support.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 5, 2016

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

:stwoon:I didn't realise how much I wanted this.

If there was decent mod support I'd take back everything bad I said about the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

more melee animations

It's a good time to be gaming..

As I said before I really, really want the game to have a melee bottle weapon that can kill a guy and shatter on the same hit, can you imagine? :allears;

Also Metal Gear Rising slicing up a corpse as it falls to the ground.

eSporks posted:

How did you make this play in real time?

That's just how replays are.

• Locked thread