Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

sirtommygunn posted:

I really appreciate that this game is basically https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZ0OUq_kDh8
I think its more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3THL_7Z29Y&t=29s with the precision of the execution and the way that you stun enemies so you can kill someone else and come back to them later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Is anyone giving single segment RT runs a shot? I have always been into watching speedruns but I never enjoyed a game enough to bury myself in it. I think this might finally be the game I pick up and run.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

SpeedrunRT is stressful in a way the rest of the game isn't. I would love a button I could press to move time forward without moving.
Agreedd. I'm chugging along decent at it, 20% so far. The first level is absolutely brutal though.
https://killstagram.com/s/IgnorantHarmlessDenimMoth
Somehow that was a 6s time, I'm guessing I held spacebar on the jump just a tiny bit. I completely lucked into grabbing the second guys gun too. I don't know how I can top that. I tried sniping the guy as he runs down the stairs but the timing doesn't seem possible.

https://killstagram.com/s/ShockingResponsibleQuartzKouprey
I think my computer must be lagging or something, or it calculates time weird. I did not slow at all, RT was 5.27 the non-RT was 3.02s.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 08:09 on Mar 2, 2016

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

RiotGearEpsilon posted:

Shoot the first guy before he clears the corner, so the bullet hits him as he walks in to view, then immediately shoot the other guy. Nothing complicated about it. Just do it over and over without pausing for an instant.
I was trying this but it didn't seem to have enough time to reload. I did just managed to get the shoot first guy, throw, catch, shoot the second guy. 0 pauses or jumps, 5.05 seconds. :negative:

EDIT: OK, finally got it. I had to shoot the guy on the left before he spawned, gave me enough time to reload and shoot the guy on the right. I was overthinking it a bit.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Mar 2, 2016

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Spacedad posted:

I am liking these new games that whittle FPS skill down to the bare nub. Are there any other games like these that do this sort of thing that people could recommend?
Check out Lovely Planet. Don't be fooled by its cute graphics, its a pretty unforgiving game.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Music would take away from the time distorted audio. I tried playing with music and didn't like it, I enjoy how serene everything feels when time stops.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I could see the being distorted too working, but it could also end up being unrecognizable or too simple and repetitive.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Anatharon posted:

I might be misremembering but I think SSX2012 had a similar feature that worked pretty well.

Viewtiful Joe also had the music slow down during slowtime.
Vuewiful Joe did yea, but you played the majority of tgat game at full speed unlike Superhot where you play the majority in slo mo. Joe also had faked SFX for the slo mo, this game is actually playing the audio back at different speeds.
I could be completely wrong, and maybe we get music in the future but I just don't see it working well.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I wan to try and get 2-3 guns and just juggle them off a while so you are firing non-stop.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I hate elevator so much, I am not looking forward to trying to real time it. If I do end up doing single segment runs of this game, that level will be a run killer.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Morter posted:

Something like this?

Not perfect, but it was what I tried (several dozen times) to do.
This is pretty rad and almost exactly what I was thinking about.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Does anyone know if the spawn locations are completely random or if they can be manipulated? Its making a lot of the RT levels sort of frustrating and I really have to listen for audio cues or do quick shoulder checks for the red glow. Like 07SHOTS sometimes goes RLLRLRL or RLLRRLR or RLLRRLL. Subway was another one that had some random spawns, and even the starting location of the gun in the air was different.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 4, 2016

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

AlphaKretin posted:

Unless SpeedrunRT changes things I think spawns are as much a consistent part of the level as guns and walls. The only exception I've noticed was getting too close to a spawn point in Donut Alley making it not spawn - and even then I've gotten closer to a spawn in Strong Medicine that still went off so they're not all dynamic.

E: I'm probably wrong, thinking too generally. The gun in Subway is dropped by the first guy when you punch him, though, isn't it? So it's a matter of how he ragdolls.

They definitely are not entirely fixed. The first guy in the subway would sometimes spawn way off screen already on the tracks for me, bug maybe? Which stairs they came down was also not fixed, and I have seen a few instances of guys spawning with different guns. In desperation(?) the first gun that runs from the hallway on the right sometimes spawns with a gun, and sometimes unarmed. I know that some enemies will not spawn until other enemies are killed, so maybe its got to do with what order you kill guys in or how fast, or maybe there are location triggers too. Just wondering if anyone has found some sort of reason.
Some levels do appear to be entirely fixed though.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Sivart13 posted:

I haven't played the new version yet to see the new and exciting bugs, but I hope this one is true at least.
I lost a level of SPEEDRUNrt earlier. It seems that if you quit immediately after beating a level there is chance you lose progress, so at least die on the next one a few times to be safe. I also found out there is a speedrun community around this, so yea, thats where my life is going for a while. http://www.speedrun.com/SUPERHOT#Any

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

How did you make this play in real time?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

AlphaKretin posted:

I think they meant realtime as in SpeedrunRT - video looks like the gameplay, but I don't think that replay actually was, just a bit laggy. :shrug:
Yea, thats what I meant. Could be lag I guess.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

If you run to the left, then jump on the core, you can parkour onto a light fixture, then to a box, and up to a ledge. This ledge is 100% safe.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Its Roboto, not Impact. Roboto is sex as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

A.o.D. posted:

I just did a youtube search for "Super Hot 10 hours" and came up empty. I am sorely disappointed.
Best I could find was this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hC0BPoNS0QI

• Locked thread