Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Not having played it yet, everything in the gameplay videos looks super rad and every slight hint that there's anything else at all to the game makes it less and less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

So why are Killstagram videos actually a playlist of the same video twice? Easier to make it loop?

http://i.imgur.com/bSue1K3.gifv
Probably not exciting to the experts here but I'm amazed how easy this game makes it to do stuff that looks really cool.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Mar 2, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

You can save replays of failed runs? :stare: gently caress me I missed a hilarious moment because I assumed you couldn't.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It's probably just the fuzzy black filter that goes over a red dude you're about to switch into/have just switched out of, but without the red dude there
(since people were using spoiler warnings for that mechanic before)

I kind of wish you could go back and mess with replays later, when I'm playing I just want to move on to more innovative shooter action.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 3, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ugh, is there a better video-to-gif than imgurs? I'm trying to gif this killstagram of mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd77vbrV9Pg
But the imgur vid to gif thing gets real fucky about the end duration. :saddowns:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ah, thanks.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Unless SpeedrunRT changes things I think spawns are as much a consistent part of the level as guns and walls. The only exception I've noticed was getting too close to a spawn point in Donut Alley making it not spawn - and even then I've gotten closer to a spawn in Strong Medicine that still went off so they're not all dynamic.

E: I'm probably wrong, thinking too generally. The gun in Subway is dropped by the first guy when you punch him, though, isn't it? So it's a matter of how he ragdolls.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Yeah I edited because on second thought I was waaay off. It's hard to tell if spawns are triggered by enemy kills or by time that happens to elapse while you kill enemies because why the gently caress would you not kill enemies unless explicitly testing this?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

If there's someone else to shoot I sometimes punch thrice, grab gun, then shoot the other guy. It's also just sometimes, through bad luck or whatever, your only option.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The issue with the plot - which is, yes, very good - is that the gameplay is also very very good and both can't happen at once until it's done.

Also there's one point I'm confused on: Initially, you're using a crack to get into superhot.exe and the system wants you out, then once you come back in they punish you by... using you? Which is a good thing for them, so they'd want you to be playing? Unless the initial resistance was a sort of reverse psychology thing to get you hooked.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Mar 4, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

I love that the ending is basically "promote this game for us, don't spoil poo poo" :allears:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I interpreted it as you're not supposed to be in there, but you keep coming back, so who/whatever is in charge of the System basically just decided "gently caress it, let's make this weirdo useful."

The ending demands you spread the system though, by IRL recommending the game to friends who will be met with resistance, which fits with the test/reverse psych thing.

Non-CIA content: This Killstagram of mine has an example of choosing to punch someone out - in this case it was quicker than finding a gun: https://killstagram.com/s/MoistDutifulMaizeHyacinthMacaw. Since someone was asking earlier if it was ever worth it.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Occasional? I have to redo a level every sing drat time I quit to the menu. Definitely echoing the above statement.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Anatharon posted:

Or at least mod support.

:stwoon:I didn't realise how much I wanted this.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Improbable Lobster posted:

The devs have talked about a level editor so I'm sure mod support is a possibility

That'd be enough, it's what I wanted mods for - infinite* new vanilla gameplay. :swoon:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Anatharon posted:

That's just how replays are.

I think they meant realtime as in SpeedrunRT - video looks like the gameplay, but I don't think that replay actually was, just a bit laggy. :shrug:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Always be jumping, backwards if need be to keep an eye on oncoming bullets. The finale of the plot is the only time in the game where you don't need to kill people, so don't be afraid to just run - and you certainly don't need more than one punch in melee. I'm assuming you can survive past the first few moments but I have advice there if need be. Oh, and if you weren't sure this is the very last bit - hotswitch back into the core and the game's over.

Not horribly plot-spoilerific but what the hell we're talking about endgame.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

CJacobs posted:

I don't know why I didn't think about this before finishing the game, but if you successfully wing something at a guy before hot-switching to him, you won't toss your gun for no reason after the switch because it's in the air already.

I saved a replay demonstrating this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naiGtHpsGT0

As well as the punching a firing dude for one hit kill thing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPZUAX0a_Ew

While I'm posting replays, I also managed to send a gun flying in a failed attempt at gun juggling:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LplreSetlDE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I, uh. :stare: Ignoring all else but the essence of the question: there are, in fact, textures that you could presumably modify. Look very closely at a wall and you'll notice there are details there.

• Locked thread