Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
Remember that level where you start off about to jump on three guys with a katana? I dare anyone to beat my hotswitch time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Ah ha ha, yes! This was what I was hoping to see! I bet if we use a simultaneous sword throw and goomba stomp kill to open up on the three below, then transition hotswitch to the upstairs gunman with a thrown rifle on the way, we can shave off another tenth of a second!

edit: Actually, no, there's no gain in doing the sword throw, that would only add more time killing the third guy. You may have found the shortest route!

RiotGearEpsilon fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 1, 2016

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Morter posted:

That said, please enjoy (and share) this other replay I'm proud of.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
SpeedrunRT is stressful in a way the rest of the game isn't. I would love a button I could press to move time forward without moving.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

eSporks posted:

I don't know how I can top that. I tried sniping the guy as he runs down the stairs but the timing doesn't seem possible.

Shoot the first guy before he clears the corner, so the bullet hits him as he walks in to view, then immediately shoot the other guy. Nothing complicated about it. Just do it over and over without pausing for an instant.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Perpetual posted:

(Num0 for free camera in edit mode, I forget which ones toggle player model and viewmodel, but they are both on the numpad somewhere. Also very useful for scouting out secret terminals.)

Thanks, I was curious about this.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

I'm not usually one to get motion sick but :barf:

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF
There's only the one texture for most of the environment. As the protagonist asks, "Why is everything made of concrete?" Graphical modding is probably possible, but it'll be ornery. People will have to get in to the level assets and gently caress around with the texturing directly, rather than just replacing the texture data.

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Morter posted:

Agreed on literally everything.

I think it's called FUNFUNFUN mode but I might be wrong.

The last challenge is just for fun. It's much easier than normal gameplay and significantly sillier. I recommend you play the Thomas The Tank Engine themesong on repeat when you play it. Very relaxing after the tension of NORESTART.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

Morter posted:

SPEEDRUNrt can go gently caress itself cause I beat it (I did make an OK replay from one mission though)

Extremely slick

• Locked thread